21% Drop in March Console Sales
Events
Subscribe:  iCal  |  Google Calendar
Helsinki FI   17, Oct — 25, Oct
London GB   22, Oct — 23, Oct
Singapore SG   23, Oct — 25, Oct
Paris FR   24, Oct — 27, Oct
San Jose US   25, Oct — 26, Oct
Latest comments

Love your stuff! thanks for the info. You achieve surprising graphics using Unity which is great news.

is that images related to coc generals 2? zero hour ?

by Nils Arenz
18 hours ago

@Tristan: I studied computergrafics for 5 years. I'm making 3D art now since about half a year fulltime, but I had some experience before that. Its hard to focus on one thing, it took me half a year to understand most of the vegetation creation pipelines. For speeding up your workflow maybe spend a bit time with the megascans library. Making 3D vegetation starts from going outside for photoscanns to profiling your assets. Start with one thing and master this. @Maxime: The difference between my technique and Z-passing on distant objects is quiet the same. (- the higher vertex count) I would start using this at about 10-15m+. In this inner radius you are using (mostly high) cascaded shadows, the less the shader complexety in this areas, the less the shader instructions. When I started this project, the polycount was a bit to high. Now I found the best balance between a "lowpoly" mesh and the less possible overdraw. The conclusion of this technique is easily using a slightly higher vertex count on the mesh for reducing the quad overdraw and shader complexity. In matters visual quality a "high poly" plant will allways look better than a blade of grass on a plane.

21% Drop in March Console Sales
18 April, 2015
News

Although US retail sales for hardware and software in February was positive, the same couldn’t be said for March.

During the month of February, retail game sales were quite promising. However, a five-week report period released by NPD for March was anything but that. Sales in the overall industry were down 6% ($963.7 million), hardware sales fell 21% ($311.1 million), and software dropped 3% ($395.4 million). With all the bad news, there was some good news for February in terms of accessories which rose 15% ($257.2 million).

Even with these numbers, hardware systems for Nintendo have increased by 60% so far in 2015 and the 3DS is up 80% while at the same time Wii U is up 20%. Microsoft has not given such information, but Sony on the other hand is doing amazing. Here is what a representative of Sony said.

We are truly honored PlayStation 4 is the top selling console and #1 in software sales again according to NPD sales data for March 2015. PS4 remains the cumulative sales leader both globally and in the United States and we want to thank gamers worldwide for their ongoing support.

NPD-drop-in-console-sales80lv

© NPD Group, 2015

According to NPD analyst Liam Callahan the decline in console hardware sales is the main cause for the March 2015 29% ($104 million) decline in sales. On the other hand, portable hardware went up by 71%.

In terms of software, the best sellers of the month were Bloodborne and Battlefield: Hardline. Along with this Mario Party 10 sold 290,000 units. In the end it looks like software sales continue to look healthy in its growth.

Source: gameindustry.biz

Leave a Reply

Be the First to Comment!

avatar
wpDiscuz