Weekly NewsletterThank you for subscription. You'll be getting weekly digest every Friday.
Moscow RU 16, Oct — 18, Oct
Helsinki FI 17, Oct — 25, Oct
Minsk BY 17, Oct — 19, Oct
London GB 22, Oct — 23, Oct
Singapore SG 23, Oct — 25, Oct
uh.. you happy with the crunch number ?
Why not just license it? Let it live and make done money at the same time.
Maybe hire more people instead of making employees work 100 hr weeks? Thats insane.
3D-Coat 4.8 Released
27 September, 2017
- Possibility to attach Smart Materials to layers! Materials managing becomes even easier.
- Improved Curvature calculation. This is crucial for Smart Materials to be looking even more realistic.
- New Primitives in Retopo room: cylinder, torus, cube, ellipse, spiral, etc.
- Possibility to change resolution of textures, attached materials will automatically be re-sampled!
- Smart Materials usage history.
- Render scene in Renderman. Yep, you heard it right!
- Proxy Slider. Set your proxy degree with an easy slider movement.
- Baking Scan. Paint baking depth with brush. Now you can define with an ease of a brush stroke how big the depth of scanning will be.
- 4K monitors support. Now UI elements and font size will automatically fit your screen resolution.
- Rotation mode quick switch – around Y or free rotation. See navigation panel. Need both modes at hand? Now you have the quick swap.
- Possibility to assign fixed bump to smart material, independent from pen radius and depth.
- If there are too many folders in materials/stencils etc, they will be represented as dropdown list.
- Correct displacement visualization in PPP approach.
- Correct displacement import, scaling coefficient correctly used.
- Warning about missing cache to avoid loosing cached volumes.
- Snapping with SHIFT – navigation to 45 degrees instead of 90.
- Pressing CTRL in UV preview window (in UV room) shows selected islands cycled to neighbour UV tiles.
- Possibility to store camera position in a preset.
- Gizmo appears even if one point of the transform cage selected.
- Custom render size restored in render room.
- Square alphas complete support, even older ones will act correctly.
- Possibility to change font size in Preferences->Theme.
- “File->Import multiple objects” to import multiple objects in diferent ways.
- Checkbox in Undercuts/Bas-relief to limit effect below the plane.
- Import AO with channel picking.
- Select all in Tweak room.
- Copy / Paste / Copy reference / To materials library in RMB menu.
- Find Sun button in parameters of additional lights in Render room.
- “Replace Depth” may be masked by other layer.
- Fill the entire layer with material dropped to history.
- Support of materials references (instances).
- Retopo via decimation in RMB menu.
- Divide blending corrected.
- Fill tool controls visible.
- Important! Depth blending along stroke.
- Additional options for masking in Angulator tool.
- “Divide” layer blending for the light compensation.
- Bigger resolution for Model->Alpha, little tapering to avoid jags.
- Possibility to bake light in light baking tool separately for each object in scene.
You can find more details on the release here.