Weekly NewsletterThank you for subscription. You'll be getting weekly digest every Friday.
If you're willing to compile it, Aseprite is a great option as well.
check my website for the latest tips - always updating with new content!
3D-Coat 4.8 Released
27 September, 2017
- Possibility to attach Smart Materials to layers! Materials managing becomes even easier.
- Improved Curvature calculation. This is crucial for Smart Materials to be looking even more realistic.
- New Primitives in Retopo room: cylinder, torus, cube, ellipse, spiral, etc.
- Possibility to change resolution of textures, attached materials will automatically be re-sampled!
- Smart Materials usage history.
- Render scene in Renderman. Yep, you heard it right!
- Proxy Slider. Set your proxy degree with an easy slider movement.
- Baking Scan. Paint baking depth with brush. Now you can define with an ease of a brush stroke how big the depth of scanning will be.
- 4K monitors support. Now UI elements and font size will automatically fit your screen resolution.
- Rotation mode quick switch – around Y or free rotation. See navigation panel. Need both modes at hand? Now you have the quick swap.
- Possibility to assign fixed bump to smart material, independent from pen radius and depth.
- If there are too many folders in materials/stencils etc, they will be represented as dropdown list.
- Correct displacement visualization in PPP approach.
- Correct displacement import, scaling coefficient correctly used.
- Warning about missing cache to avoid loosing cached volumes.
- Snapping with SHIFT – navigation to 45 degrees instead of 90.
- Pressing CTRL in UV preview window (in UV room) shows selected islands cycled to neighbour UV tiles.
- Possibility to store camera position in a preset.
- Gizmo appears even if one point of the transform cage selected.
- Custom render size restored in render room.
- Square alphas complete support, even older ones will act correctly.
- Possibility to change font size in Preferences->Theme.
- “File->Import multiple objects” to import multiple objects in diferent ways.
- Checkbox in Undercuts/Bas-relief to limit effect below the plane.
- Import AO with channel picking.
- Select all in Tweak room.
- Copy / Paste / Copy reference / To materials library in RMB menu.
- Find Sun button in parameters of additional lights in Render room.
- “Replace Depth” may be masked by other layer.
- Fill the entire layer with material dropped to history.
- Support of materials references (instances).
- Retopo via decimation in RMB menu.
- Divide blending corrected.
- Fill tool controls visible.
- Important! Depth blending along stroke.
- Additional options for masking in Angulator tool.
- “Divide” layer blending for the light compensation.
- Bigger resolution for Model->Alpha, little tapering to avoid jags.
- Possibility to bake light in light baking tool separately for each object in scene.
You can find more details on the release here.