The 3DCoat team presented a new update to its 3D modeling tool. The new version brings a bunch of improvements and fixes to Paint, Sculpt, UV/Retopo rooms and more. Let’s have a look at the new features.
- Possibility of resolution-independent texture locking over the layer.
- Moving smart materials to other folder takes less space in RMB menu.
- Support of 16-bit PNG for alphas.
- Edge width correction for Cube mapping, dedicated settings panel for cube mapping.
- CutOff in surface mode completely redone.
- Soft booleans for all primitives, volumes merging, cutoff.
- List of ghosted, isolated volumes stored into scene file (3B).
- Much more stable and powerful Geometry->Close holes.
- Automatic closing the objects before the voxelization.
- Sharp edges support in Retopo room. Baking, import/export supported.
- Context-sensitive RMB menu in retopo room.
- In UV settings you may control the default unwrapping method
You can find the full changelog here.