Their website does say that you can pay per image at $1 per image. I am in the opposite boat though. I could see this having a very significant effect on photogrammetry but I would need to process a few thousand images at a time which would not be very feasible with their current pricing model
To the developers. A very promising piece of software for a VFX supervisor like me. BUT, please reconsider your pricing tiers and introduce a per-image price. We are a pretty large facility, but I can only imagine needing about 1-10 images a month at the very most. It's like HDRI's - we buy them all the time, one at a time. They need to be individually billed so a producer can charge them against a particular job.
3Dflow has released 3DF Zephyr 3.2 and the long-awaited Zephyr Free. The free version shares the same technology. Although it cannot process more than 50 pictures, it is still a great start for photogrammetry fans that features no time limits.
So, Zephyr Free can process only up to 50 images, which is still enough for very simple subjects and to play with the first few tutorials. You are also limited to using only one NVIDIA card to speed the processing, and exporting/editing functionalities have been limited too. The customized UV mapping tool and some other tools are not available. The full features comparison is here.
You can find more details on 3DF Zephyr Free and download it here.
As for v3.2 of the full version, it features the following updates:
- Upgraded 3DF Zephyr Lite features
- Introduced 3DF Zephyr Free
- New rematching phase for Structure from Motion (improved accuracy)
- Speed improvements for SfM and MVS
- Photoconsistent mesh optimization now runs in multi GPU
- Reduced memory footprint on SfM phase
- Improved pivot orbit camera
- Can now load intensity from ZF scans
- Added project on regular grid filter
- Improved picking
- Improved cloud merge / structuring / management (Pro and Aerial only)
- Can now load external lua script file from console (Pro and Aerial only)
- Orthophoto can now be exported as pdf with ruler (Pro and Aerial only)
- New volume tool to compute the inside of an object (Pro and Aerial only)
- Added new cloud comparison tool (Pro and Aerial only)
- Added polyline from single image or bubble view dialog (Aerial only)
- Many miscellaneous bugfixes
- Many UI fixes and UI improvements