Their website does say that you can pay per image at $1 per image. I am in the opposite boat though. I could see this having a very significant effect on photogrammetry but I would need to process a few thousand images at a time which would not be very feasible with their current pricing model
To the developers. A very promising piece of software for a VFX supervisor like me. BUT, please reconsider your pricing tiers and introduce a per-image price. We are a pretty large facility, but I can only imagine needing about 1-10 images a month at the very most. It's like HDRI's - we buy them all the time, one at a time. They need to be individually billed so a producer can charge them against a particular job.
Autodesk has released 3DS Max 2018.2. The new version of the software hasa lot of improvements, but the majority of new features are centered around Freehand Spline tool:
- A new Freehand Spline tool that allows you to sketch freehand splines in the viewport.
- A new Spline Influence modifier to create a soft selection of spline knots based on their proximity to specified objects.
- A new Spline Mirror modifier to duplicate a spline along a specified axis.
- A new Spline Morph modifier to blend between different shapes using progressive or blended methods.
- A new Spline Overlap modifier that detects self-overlapping splines and adjusts the displacement of the intersections.
- A new Spline Relax modifier to smooth out splines by relaxing knot positions and/handles.
- A new Optimize Spline modifier to reduces the number of knots and adjusts their handles to optimally reproduce the original spline as closely as possible.
Among other worthy to notice improvements we should mention:
- 3DS Max Batch to automate tasks using MAXScript or Python and to deploy 3DS Max on the cloud.
- A new Influence Helper to easily select vertices and apply proximity based falloffs to effects.
- Changes to the PathDeform modifier so that it now works in object space and can also push materials onto the geometry based on the materials applied to segments.
- Improvements to the UVW Unwrap modifier
- 30% improvement in conversion times for CAD imports
- Viewport performance improvements