Long life to Embark studio and its fabulous procedural artists dream team !
truly excellent and inspiring to read. Would have loved to read some on the texturing since that is top-notch.
great environment with a lovely serene sense. Thanks for the write-up!
Autodesk has revealed a new security tool for 3DS Max that is said to deal with viruses found in Mac files. Called CRP, ADSL and ALC viruses, these dangerous files can corrupt your 3DS Max environment, cause data loss and instability, and spread to other systems by sharing files.
The tool was previously included in 3DS Max 2019.2, but the newest release adds compatibility with Max 2015 – 2019.
- Detects CRP, ADSL, and ALC in 3ds Max startup scripts, and keeps them clean of these corruptions
- Detects CRP, ADSL, and ALC in 3ds Max in scene files no matter how they are loaded into 3ds Max (merged, xrefed, drag and dropped, loaded through scripted commands, etc), and cleans them of these corruptions
- Ensures that 3ds Max will not save CRP, ADSL or ALC corrupted scenes
- Asks for user confirmation before cleaning startup scripts and scene data
- Works in quiet and other non-interactive usage scenarios of 3ds Max, such as command line rendering and batch scripting
- Logs all its actions to the system log (Max.log)
- Does not prevent the user from fully using 3ds Max even when choosing not to clean the startup scripts or scene data
3DS Max Security Tools is available for free here.