Today we've collected the new job openings from the game and art industries. Check out the list below and apply on the 80LV Job Board.
- Advanced knowledge of content creation tools such as Maya, 3DS Max, or Blender
- Competent with Zbrush, Substance Painter, and Photoshop
- Comfortable developing in Unity
- Minimum of 3 years of experience creating 3D content for animation, film, or video games
- Ability to work independently and QA your work
- Able to converse in English
- Excellent time management skills
- Self-motivated and proactive
Expectations are clear
- Foundation in the traditional arts;
- An exceptional understanding of color theory, anatomy, composition, form, shape, perspective, lighting, and painting;
- Expert understanding of Photoshop or equivalent required;
- Expert in 3D packages such as Blender/Maya, texture toolsets, and Z-brush a plus;
- Ability to adapt to proprietary tools;
- Ability to meet deadlines under tight schedules;
- Willingness to receive direction and work closely with the team;
- Good communication skills in English, both verbal and written.
The team is seeking environment artists to create an immersive Tokyo alley with an edgy cyberpunk twist. This is a freelance position and you can work remotely.
- Proven experience as a Technical Artist on at least one shipped PC or console title
- Proven experience developing and iterating project pipelines and tools, especially Maya and Substance
- Proven Maya scripting skills (Python) with examples
- Previous experience with QT/PySide
- Excellent knowledge of Maya
- Familiarity with Unreal Engine editor and workflows
What You Will Be Doing
- Create high-quality animations for in-game humanoid characters and creatures.
- Motion-capture clean-up and post animation to fit the defined animation style.
- Integration & test of produced animations inside the game engine.
- Gain knowledge of the production pipeline process.
- Work with the production artists and developers and ensure that game assets are animation and game ready.
- Collaborate with Lead Animator, Design, and Code to build compelling gameplay animation systems
- Mentor junior animators
If you don't match all of these requirements but feel like you have something else to offer in this role, the team would still love to hear from you.
- 5+ years of professional experience as an animator or equivalent role
- Expertise and experience in using Unreal Engine
- Rigging/technical animation experience in Games or VFX/Feature Films.
- Working knowledge of Control Rig, Animation Blueprints, State Machines & other Unreal animation workflows
- A keen eye for proper form and deformation throughout wide ranges of movements
- College degree preferred or additional production certificate programs.
- Minimum of 15 years of experience in coloring, digital compositing, and digital imagery across a variety of content including film, advertising, and commercials.
- Knowledge of ACES color workflows and custom camera color pipelines and DI processing techniques.
- Expertise in Resolve, BaseLight, Scratch, Nucoda, or similar color correction platforms.
- Experience with camera hardware and metadata formats, as well as onset color data management solutions.
- Working familiarity with 3D and 2D DCCs, including Maya, Houdini, C4D, Nuke, Fusion, and After Effects, as well as NLEs such as Resolve, Avid, and Premiere Pro.