MSG Sphere Studios, Metaverse Game Studios, Superbloom, and Starbreeze Studios offer great positions for artists.
Metaverse is a young and independent game development company led by industry veterans who worked for core games such as Far Cry, Destiny, Halo series, Warface, League of Legends, Diablo Immortal, Mount&Blade series, Metro Exodus, and more. We are developing Angelic, which has an equal emphasis on storytelling and party-based RPG elements, all backed by a dark and compelling science-fiction setting in which you are often mesmerized by the complexity of the events happening around you.
Skills & Requirements:
- 3+ years as a Senior Technical Artist role
- Solid knowledge of procedural systems and tools (Unreal engine blueprints, Houdini and equivalent)
- Solid portfolio demonstrates your technical art skills
- Solid experience on Unreal Engine
- Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical parties
- Experience in a full game art creation pipeline (characters, environments, vehicles, vfx and sound)
- Good artistic vision
- Ability to create technical documentation
- Knowledge in the following tech-art areas: Materials / Shading, Scripting, Lighting,
- Rendering, VFX, Rigging and animation, simulation systems
- AA+ game experience
- Fluency in English
Skills & Requirements:
- 2+ years experience in games or related fields
- A portfolio or demo reel that demonstrates a keen eye for detail and the ability to use light, shadow, and color to create a variety of tones and moods
- Excellent understanding of color theory, composition, and lighting principles
- Excellent knowledge of post-processing effects such as color grading, exposure, tone mapping, bloom, etc.
- PBR, PBL, HDR lighting, and image correction techniques
- Comprehensive knowledge of photography or film-based techniques
- Ability to work within memory and performance constraints while maintaining high visual quality
- Passion for pushing the visual envelope
- Able to learn quickly
- Ability to manage your own time and work within deadlines
- Being a team player
- Fluent in English, both verbally and written
Do you want to work with an award-winning team by creating character art for Payday, one of the most iconic and recognized brands in the games industry? At Starbreeze, we value diversity and inclusion. We welcome you as who you are, no matter where you are from or what games you play.
- At least 6+ years of experience working as a Character artist within games;
- Experience working on at least 2+ released AAA games, and in a Senior level role for 1+;
- A great sense of anatomy, scale and proportions, materials, color and light
- Great experience and knowledge working with shaders, pipeline and PBR;
- Knowledge and interest in both technical setups and mechanical functions;
- Proven knowledge of asset creation, in-game model, UV layout, LODs;
- Great understanding of real-time graphics with proven experience in creating realistic-looking assets.
- Good understanding of customization systems, both in their technical setup and asset authoring;
- Fluent in English with good communication skills, both verbally and in writing.
The MSG Sphere is like nothing else on earth. Here, 15,000 people at a time can gather for multi-sensory interactive experiences that are equal parts video game, amusement park ride, ephemeral community, and spectacle. The feel – it’s unforgettable, like sitting inside an eyeball the size of three football fields with sight, sound, scent, wind, heat, and rumble coordinating under computer control to forge an extended reality. You create that reality at MSG Entertainment in Burbank, California.
- Proficiency equivalent to 6+ years of experience working as Previz generalist.
- Previous work experience in VR, Virtual Production, or dome projects desired.
- Expert user of Maya, 3DsMax, or Houdini, plus working knowledge of other 3D software and tools.
- Expert knowledge of lighting and rendering, and experience with Arnold, Redshift, VRay, Octane, or other common render engines.
- Experience managing asset creation and use across numerous shots and sequences.
- Positive attitude and proven track record in creative problem solving with expressed interest in new technology and processes.
- Software agnosticism is a plus; adaptability to new pipelines and utilization of provided tools is critical.
Superbloom is a venture backed, new mobile game studio founded by two female gaming veterans who have held leadership roles at EA, Glu, New York Times and Dots. At Superbloom, we believe women deserve more diverse & elevated games they are proud to play. We are passionate about creating games with real-life interests that connect players.
We believe that the best work is done through open collaboration, honest respectful communication and intentional inclusivity of the team regardless of one's race, nationality, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical attribute or religious beliefs. Come join us in our journey as we build the next generation of innovative and relaxing games for women.
- 5+ years of experience in the engineering or technical art field, focusing on asset creation and delivery for live games or applications
- Passionate about smooth automated workflows for artists, content creators and developers
- Experienced in automating 3D and 2D asset pipelines
- Experience with optimizing assets for file size and performance for mobile games
- Familiarity or experience with the Unity Addressable Assets System
- Experience with Blender or Maya, Unity, C# and Python