Find a job at Ubisoft Toronto, KitBash3D, Flying Wild Hog, and SAFEHOUSE.
At KitBash3D, our mission is to enable and inspire creators of the virtual frontier. We work on the cutting edge of technology and digital media, creating premium 3D assets and software for movies and video games. Since our launch in 2017, our tools and services have been used on hundreds of movie and game projects for the largest studios as well as independent artists and developers. We are a team of creators and collaborators on a journey to build the future, better, together!
What You Bring to the Team:
- 3-5 years of professional experience working as an artist in visual effects, video games, or equivalent.
- 2+ years of experience creating high-quality videos/levels using Unreal Engine
- In-depth knowledge of Unreal Engine 5, including UE Materials, Lighting, VFX, Rendering, Post Processing, Blueprints, Animation Tools, and Camera Tools
- Portfolio of work demonstrating proficiency in using Unreal Engine and a great eye for lighting and shot composition
- Ability to deliver clean, organized work within our technical specifications
- An exceptional understanding of timing, compositing, animation, and story
- Conversationally fluent in English with the ability to communicate verbally and in writing effectively
- Ability to collaborate and work well on a team
- Highly accountable - we believe that taking ownership is the key to succeeding as a team and we hope you do too!
- Appetite for start-up culture, you are a quick learner and self-starter
- Passionate about personal development and growth, you get excited about new challenges and solving problems
As a Technical Artist at UbiTO, you know you’ve done your job when the feature your team has created for a game is visually stunning while maintaining its cutting-edge performance. You strive to exceed players’ expectations of a AAA game.
To achieve this, you bridge the worlds of the artist and the programmer, acting as an interpreter and problem-solver. Because of you, the two collaborate cohesively and efficiently, on budget and on deadline, using the most appropriate tools and pipelines. You ensure assets can be rendered without compromising the artistic vision, on the one hand, or busting your memory budget on the other, setting benchmarks for your feature as you go along. You are the team’s hybrid specialist, speaking both from the heart and the mind, with your eye on AAA quality.
- A college diploma in videogame modeling or equivalent
- 5 years of experience as a modeler or artist in the videogame industry
- Experience developing for consoles—at least two full production cycles
- Experience with software such as 3ds Max, Photoshop, or Substance Designer
- You wear—and enjoy wearing—many hats, including artist, programmer, diplomat, teacher, communicator, leader, supporter, memory-budget manager, creator, innovator and “get-it-doner”. Among others.
We are a team of top-tier and dedicated developers, designers, programmers, and artists who make our studio a creative and devoted workplace. We only work on games we believe in – sharing our excitement and fully committing to the project is our recipe for extraordinary results.
- At least one year’s experience in game development in the role of an artist
- Great technical skills
- Knowledge of Unreal Engine
- Being familiar with Substance Designer
- Basic knowledge of 2D, 3D and animation packages and pipelines
- Very good knowledge of physically based rendering (PBR)
- Knowledge of objects scanning technology
- Ability to fast prototype features, solutions, and pipelines
- Familiarity with optimization techniques
SAFEHOUSE is looking for an experienced technical artist to work on multiple unannounced AAA game and film projects. The game is a long-running, industry-leading Japanese IP with global, mass-market appeal, which is forging ahead into the next generation using Unreal Engine 5. The ideal candidate for the job will have a deep understanding of both the technical and creative side of graphics and animation creation. They will be able to confidently act as a bridge between the Art Team and the Engineers, and shepherd a design from concept to final touch to help show the world what this legendary franchise can do in UE5.
- At least 2 shipped titles and 5+ years of experience in gaming or films
- High-level understanding of Unreal Engine
- Create, pitch, build out, and streamline new workflows and pipelines
- Create all new scripts or plug-ins to assist with the production process
- Tackle technically challenging tasks and keep them moving through the pipeline
- Knowledge of Maya’s rigging and skinning tools for setting up characters to transfer to Unreal Engine
- Working knowledge of Unreal Engine’s native rigging tools
- Ability to coordinate between Tech and Art team members
We’re working on a Splinter Cell remake, assembling a team with passion, drive and respect for the trifocal goggles. This is an opportunity to be part of a treasured franchise, rebuilt to deliver next-generation visuals and modernized stealth gameplay, while preserving what's at the heart of the Splinter Cell experience.
As a Technical Artist at UbiTO, you and your team strive towards creating game features that are visually stunning while maintaining their performance, exceeding the expectations of players.
- A college diploma in VFX, modeling or equivalent
- 3 years of experience as a VFX or game artist in the videogame industry OR extensive film/TV VFX experience
- Experience developing console or PC games—at least one full production cycle is a plus
- Experience with software such as Houdini, 3ds Max, Photoshop, Fume
You may find these articles interesting