Ubisoft Toronto, Flying Wild Hog, MSG Sphere Studios, Bongfish, and Savvy Games Studios are offering great positions for talented specialists.
Animation Programmer [FAR CRY Project] at Ubisoft Toronto
On being an Animation Programmer at Ubisoft Toronto: Creating dynamic, visually stunning games is a top priority at Ubisoft Toronto. Game animation plays an important role in the visual experience. As a studio with more than 4,000 employees, Ubisoft Toronto is always looking to innovate and give our players the best visual representation.
By controlling how game elements move and interact with each other, you'll be contributing to the game's technical development and artistic level. As an Animation Programmer, you'll be responsible for building systems and tools that will help your colleagues create fun, impressive, and engaging worlds that are reactive and alive while meeting the highest quality standards.
- C++ and C# experience + Visual Studio knowledge
- Strong 3D math skills
- Experience with animation techniques such as rigging, state machines, physics ragdolls, inverse kinematics (IK), compression, facial animation, etc.
- Experience in the animation field to understand programming tools and how to improve them
- A degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering (or related training)
- A good eye for detail to find even the smallest flaws in the system and optimize them
Engine Programmer [REMOTE] at Flying Wild Hog
As an Engine Programmer, you will work within cross-functional teams to deliver features on time and to a high level of quality. You will be part of a team that is responsible for planning, implementing and maintaining core engine features that encompass rendering, networking and low-level systems programming. With a constant focus on scalability, performance and memory usage, you will apply your expertise in data structures and algorithms for modern, multi-core architectures to extend UE4 capabilities for both PC and Consoles. You will work effectively in close collaboration with other disciplines to gather requirements and collectively develop solutions.
- At least 3 years of experience in a similar position
- Strong practical knowledge of C++
- Strong computer science and a maths background
- Experience profiling and optimising code for optimal CPU, GPU, memory and bandwidth usage
- Professional experience in systems development for a shipped game on PS4 and/or Xbox One (such as I/O, rendering, low-level networking, memory management, content pipelines etc)
- Good communication and team skills
- Experience with UE4 will be a plus
Lead Gameplay Engineer at MSG Sphere Studios
As a Lead Gameplay Engineer at MSG Entertainment Interactive you head game logic development for a veteran multidisciplinary team creating bleeding edge entertainment that’s equal parts video game, amusement park ride, and spectacle. Your production hardware is The Sphere – a massive 16K 4D theater with beam-formed audio – and the mobile phones of our guests. You iterate, you take pride in your work, and your creations range from rapid prototypes to ultra-high-definition multimedia. You design and implement software systems – but you’re also a force multiplier who drives and enables those around you to excel, with the ability to work alone or in teams. Your in-depth technical knowledge and strong aesthetic inclination let you tackle projects and provide support on complicated technical issues for artists and engineers alike across our real-time content development ecosystem. As an ideal candidate, you bring deep and broad software development expertise, people-first agile leadership skills, creative vision, and a passion for scaling game concepts and mechanics from prototypes to massively multiplayer real-time experiences.
What do you need to succeed?
- Computer Science BS/MS or equivalent experience
- 10+ years of experience in relevant fields
- Excellent communications and team relations skills• Expertise in C++ and the Unreal game engine
- Understanding of software development and release cycles and agile methodologies
- Experience across all phases (concept to end-of-life) of at least one shipped AAA-equivalent multiplayer interactive entertainment product
- Experience working within a high-definition VFX or game content production pipeline
- Demonstrated track record of gaining trust and respect by consistently demonstrating sound creative, strategic, and analytical thinking skills, while maintaining composure in stressful situations
Senior Gameplay Programmer at Bongfish
As a Senior Gameplay Programmer, you will develop new & existing gameplay mechanics. You will work, closely together with other engineers, on all parts of the feature development process from prototyping to production.
- You have strong C++ skills with a good foundation in system design, programming and debugging. You also have an excellent understanding of 3D math, general gameplay mechanics and architectures
- You have 5+ years game development experience, and have shipped at least one title
- You are passionate about playing and making video games
- You have strong collaboration and communication skills and are comfortable to work with technical and non-technical people
- Writing tests for ensuring your code qualities is included in your routine
Lead Programmer at Savvy Games Studios
SGS is seeking a Lead Gameplay programmer with experience and expertise in the mobile domain. In this role, your responsibilities would include prototyping and implementing core modules for the game (together with other developers in the team). You and your team would be the critical member in architecting new features and optimizing the game to run smoothly on mobile devices.
Qualifications and Key Skills:
- Passion for creating and playing games
- Should have shipped multiple mobile games.
- Analytical problem-solving skills.
- Strong leadership experience and ability to nurture and grow talent within the team.
- Experience in managing multiple prototyping or development teams.
- Possesses strong skills in Unity3D development and C#.
- Strong understanding of mobile graphics pipeline.
- Excellent understanding of mobile device limitations and platform fragmentation.
- A clear understanding of various protocols like HTTP, TCP, etc.
- Understanding databases would be helpful in the day-to-day job.
- Experience with multiple mobile games with complete life cycle development of the game.
- Experience with F2P as a player and a developer.
Check out more openings on the 80 Level Job Board. Also, don't forget to join our new Reddit page, our new Telegram channel, follow us on Instagram and Twitter, where we are sharing breakdowns, the latest news, awesome artworks, and more.
You may find these articles interesting
80 Level Job Digest: Great Positions for Experienced Artists & Producers
80 Level Job Digest: New Positions for Designers & Artists
80 Level Job Digest: Career Opportunities for Technical Artists
80 Level Job Digest: Open Positions for Artists, Programmers & Engineers
80 Level Job Digest: Great Opportunities for Designers & Artists