Get a chance to work for Ubisoft Toronto, Savvy Games Studios, Flying Wild Hog, and To The Sky.
At To The Sky, we are working on an unannounced AA, 3rd person action/adventure game. Developing in Unreal Engine, we are exploring new ways of building impactful visuals and wonderful worlds to explore.
We are looking for a VFX artist that is self-motivated, driven, and able to act on the direction set by department leaders.
You are also more than happy to share your own ideas, feedback, and solutions with the team and help lead your colleagues with your skills.
- 3+ years of experience in Maya or Houdini
- 3+ years of experience in Unreal Engine
- 3+ years of experience in Photoshop or After Effects
- VFX Artist with at least one full game production cycle under your belt. From concept to shipped product.
We’re working on a Splinter Cell remake, assembling a team with passion, drive, and respect for the trifocal goggles. This is an opportunity to be part of a treasured franchise, rebuilt on Ubisoft’s Snowdrop engine to deliver next-generation visuals and modernized stealth gameplay while preserving what's at the heart of the Splinter Cell experience.
- 2+ years of proven experience working on AAA titles as a character artist
- Portfolio of realistic, highly detailed, 3D character models, with highly realistic textures (skin, hair, fabric/accessories, etc.), accurate anatomy, detailed clothing, etc.
- Strong understanding of scale, proportion, human anatomy, and material properties.
- Proficiency in standard art packages such as Maya, Photoshop, Zbrush, and Substance Painter.
- Understanding of the character art production pipeline
- Experience working with a game engine and implementing 3D work into the engine.
- Ability to both work independently and on a team
- Possess strong time management and prioritization skills.
- Must be proactive, a team player, and a constant learner.
- Strong communication, organizational, time management, and interpersonal skills
Savvy Games Studios (SGS) mission is to create world-leading game studios in Saudi Arabia, creating high-quality games for international audiences. Also to help Saudi’s passionate gaming sector to develop homegrown IP and, more broadly, make KSA a global hub for gaming.
As part of the SGS team, you will work alongside the best global gaming talents who have relocated to Riyadh to be part of the ambitious group, and innovative, passionate, and hardworking Saudis.
Qualifications and Key Skills:
- Passionate about – and have good knowledge of Art, Animation, and culture.
- A genuine passion for games and Game Concept Art.
- Motivated, goal-oriented, strong team player.
- Must be a team player and good listener.
- 8-15 years of industry experience as a Concept Artist/Senior Concept Artist and worked with at least 5-7 titles.
- Should Have a great portfolio with life study, gesture drawings, Animal study, Character Design, Concept Art, Character design, key art, and many other Drawing related things.
- In-depth knowledge and study of Life Drawing, painting, Perceptive, Lighting, and rendering
- Must have Human, Animal anatomy study and detailed understanding.
- 3D Software knowledge will be a plus; able to grasp new software and pipeline quickly for efficiency, 3D software like Blender, sketch up, and other software helps with 2D pipelines.
- Track record of working as a Concept Artist on a mobile/Console game.
- Experience in quick gesture drawing, Thumbnail, and ideation sketches.
- Able to guide and supervise juniors for better Concept quality and Workflow.
- Demonstrate expert understanding of how Concept design, Color palette, or key elements are going well with the gameplay and narrative, and the ability to communicate these links to the team.
We are a team of top-tier and dedicated developers, designers, programmers, and artists who make our studio a creative and devoted workplace. We only work on games we believe in – sharing our excitement and fully committing to the project is our recipe for extraordinary results.
- At least one year’s experience in game development in the role of an artist
- Great technical skills
- Knowledge of Unreal Engine
- Being familiar with Substance Designer
- Basic knowledge of 2D, 3D and animation packages and pipelines
- Very good knowledge of physically based rendering (PBR)
- Knowledge of objects scanning technology
- Ability to fast prototype features, solutions, and pipelines
- Familiarity with optimization techniques
As a Texture Artist at UbiTO, you will make an immersive world come alive by creating and applying textures that give depth and dimension to everything within it. With a mix of observation, skill, and imagination, you add the details that define characters, objects, and environments. You take inspiration from reality to build believable materials and adapt to new tools to push them to their full potential. You freely choose the methods that work best for you to create a finished look that fits the feel of the game and makes it memorable.
We know that skills and competencies show up in different forms and can be based on different experiences, that's why we strongly encourage you to apply even though you may not have all the requirements listed below.
- A college diploma in 3D Modelling or equivalent (undergraduate degree an asset)
- At least 1-3 years of experience in texturing, modelling, lighting, or other related experience
- Knowledge of 2D art tools (e.g. Photoshop) and familiarity with 3D software (e.g. 3DS Max, ZBrush, or Maya) + game engines (e.g. Unity or Unreal)
- A solid understanding of art fundamentals (lighting, composition, proportion, colour theory, etc.), physically based rendering, and game constraints
- A highly creative, collaborative, and innovative spirit
- Excellent observation, communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills
- Motivation to reach out for feedback and adapt to it
- Aesthetic sensitivity and a keen eye for even the subtlest of details!
You may find these articles interesting