We've collected 5 awesome career opportunities for Character Art Directors, Lead Lighting Artists, and Senior Artists.
- At least 5 years of leadership experience in the video game industry, managing teams of “creative geniuses” as either a Lead Artist, Senior Artist or Art Team Leader with hands-on technical experience.
- Must have shipped a minimum of 1-2 AAA games
- Mastery of common industry Software like 3D Studio Max or Maya, Photoshop, ZBrush, Substance Painter, Substance Designer, Marvelous designer
- Knowledge of Unreal and Unity is required
- Strong artistic aptitudes, ability to draw.
- Experience creating and optimizing art pipelines
- Excellent problem-solving, organizational, communication, interpersonal, presentation, and mentorship skills
- Great level of English communication is a must
- A minimum of 2 years' of art experience
- Ability to handle the creative process from concept to delivery
- Good knowledge of 3D software (e.g., 3D max/Maya/Modo, Zbrush/Mudbox)
- Good knowledge of 2D software (e.g., Photoshop)
- Experience working in a collaborative team environment
- Excellent spoken and written communication
- Proficiency equivalent to 10+ years of experience working as a CG generalist.
- Previous work experience in VR or spherical projects desired.
- Expert user of Maya or Houdini, plus a working knowledge of other 3D software and tools.
- Expert knowledge of lighting and rendering, and experience with Arnold, Redshift, VRay, Octane, and other common render engines.
- Experience managing asset creation and use across numerous shots and sequences.
- Positive attitude and proven track record in creative problem solving with an expressed interest in new technology and processes.
- Software agnosticism is a plus; adaptability to new pipelines and utilization of provided tools is critical.
Required skills and experience:
- At least 5 years of experience in the CG or game industry.
- Excellent skills in Maya, Substance Painter/Mari, and Arnold.
- Good skill in assembling and managing large scene files, with the understanding of proper world scale and architecture feeling.
- Very good knowledge of composition, color theory, lighting, and procedurally generated content.
- Ability to work independently with self-supervision and criticism to evaluate the final look.
- Very strong creativity and an excellent eye for detail.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work within a team.
- Proven experience as a Principal Lighting Artist, or similar position, on at least one shipped PC or Console title
- Experience with Unreal Engine 4 or a proprietary engine
- Experienced in using 3D software (Maya/Max)
- Strong understanding of lighting and composition
- Excellent knowledge of lighting theory
- Knowledge and experience of baked and real-time lighting techniques
- Strong understanding of physical-based lighting systems