Adobe’s Project Felix is a new tool that will let you integrate 3D assets directly into 2D images, making sure your projects are less time-consuming.
In this first early release, Project Felix brings you a focused workflow that lets you place 3D objects into any background image. We are introducing new and intuitive ways of working with traditionally complex workflows that will improve your productivity. Further, working with high-fidelity 3D models lets you adjust perspective, lighting and materials easily to get the final look you want. Users will also be able to experience state-of-the-art photo-realistic rendering inside Project Felix. This gives you the ability to iterate quickly resulting in stunning photorealistic imagery.
- Designer-targeted interface and focused workflows – software offers optimized workflows and interactions balanced with familiar ways of doing things from Photoshop and/or Illustrator.
- Auto-Lights – Automatically create lights from your image so that your object looks like it naturally belongs in the background. In a single-click it automatically generates an environment (Image Based Light) for you so there is no hassling with complexities that working with lights could bring.
- Auto-Align to Image Horizon – Project Felix automatically detects the vanishing point or horizon in your image to save you the hassle of camera perspectives and alignment. Your object will scale and align realistically and proportionally with respect to the perspective of your image – in a single click!
- Magic Wand – Selections as easy as using the Magic Wand from Photoshop – but 3D aware! They use machine learning to determine logical edges based on the shape, curves, symmetry and patterns.
- Real-time Render Preview Window – Get the best possible ‘what you see is what you get experience’ while working with 3D using real-time rendering preview. This gives you the best idea of how your design will look with respect to lighting, shadows and materials while you work so no need to wait for a final render.
- State of the art photorealistic rendering – Built with proven solutions from the 3D modeling industry, Project Felix comes with the most powerful rendering engine to date, allowing you to preview your changes without making you wait for a final render to export.
- Seamless workflow with Photoshop – Export to PSD layers and continue working in your favorite graphic imaging tool, Photoshop.
- Adobe Stock assets – Integrated access to high-quality Adobe Stock assets including thousands of new 3D models, lights and materials – all optimized for Project Felix.
- Adobe CC Libraries – With Adobe CreativeSync technology, users can pull assets from collaborated Creative Cloud Libraries like models, materials, lights and images – all directly in Project Felix.
- Physically realistic (MDL) material editing – Get the look you want with rich library of materials. Easily customize any of them to get the exact representation of your design. Project Felix will have everything you need to get started but you can always download more materials from Adobe Stock.