Ok, what about LODs and billboards in "most commonly used method"..? In comparing, Most commonly used method can help me to reach less synthetic look. And with progressive LODs keep overdraw on predictable level. Brutforce approach never works - confirmed)
честно сказать я в ахуе
finally some good news
The Beneath the Waves Challenge, a new contest from ArtStation with a new Props category, has been launched. Same rules: the artists taking part in Phase 2 of the challenge can choose a concept from the first phase to base their submission on. The new challenge is all about an aquatic realm.
Phase 1 Categories
- Rembert Montald (Riot Games): Keyframe Concept Art
- Suzanne Helmigh (Freelance): Character Design
- Randall Mackey (Freelance): Environment Concept Art
- Kait Kybar (Goodbye Kansas Studios): Prop Design
- Satoshi Arakawa (Amazon Games): Game Character Art
- Gavin Goulden (Insomniac Games): Game Character Art
- Mathew O’Halloran (Ubisoft Massive): Game Environment/Level Art
- Karen Stanley (Ubisoft Massive): Game Environment/Level Art
- Frankie DeRosa (Blur): Film/VFX Character Art
- Alexandre Grynagier (Freelance): Film/VFX Prop Art
The deadline for the Beneath the Waves (Phase 1) entries is Monday December 11th, 2017 4:59AM UTC. Learn more here.