Hi Elliott, This is a great breakdown and very generous in sharing your process and insights, you came a long way from the vending machine days!
Are you planning on releasing the UE4 project to the public? Or only builds? I'd love to play around with it in the editor if possible!
CD PROJEKT RED is looking for a Senior Environment Concept Artist to join the awesome team working on Cyberpunk 2077. You have a chance to become the illustrator creating environment art that will strongly convey the visual direction of the game design vision. So, if you work well in an environment of people who are passionate about creating great art, take constructive criticism very well and can complete tasks by the assigned due dates, this offer might be just for you.
Daily Responsibilities in a Nutshell
- Create high quality game concept art to be used as direct reference for environment artists.
- Attend reviews, take feedback, and iterate on concepts as needed.
- Getting artistic direction and support from an Art Director and an Environment Director, as well as design direction from a Design Director.
- Working in a flat multidisciplinary strike team alongside.
Required Skills & Experience
- Excellent environment concept art skills with an eye for perspective, color, lighting and atmosphere.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in the game development industry as a Concept Artist or Illustrator.
- Strong understanding of composition, form, lighting, and color.
- Solid foundation in traditional art, such as figure drawing, industrial design, landscape painting and illustration.
- Able to effectively communicate in English.
CD PROJEKT RED’s Offer:
- A modern and relaxed studio atmosphere.
- A chance to work in a booming industry, within an international team
- A competitive salary and project-based bonuses.
- Private health care & MultiSport card.
- From 20 to to 26 days of paid vacation per year.
- An exciting chance to work with the developers of one the most acclaimed role-playing games in recent history.
- Step by step assistance and a ‘Relocation Package’ for new staff willing to relocate to Poland.
- Polish lessons for foreign employees.