Besides, if you'd be involved in project budgeting you would be aware that the costs are growing and using cheap alternatives is inevitable. This is the business. first of all.
If you hate people that can make your life easier and see the threat in everything related to AI then you can hardly call yourself an artist. Rather than a kid who likes to be in a comfort zone.
This is sad only for cheap projects and artists having no desire to grow. This technology in particular will make life easier for those who often use photostock services.
As part of the level design team at Creative Assembly, you will have ownership of multiple levels – both single player and multiplayer – and drive them all the way through development.
Mid-Level designers work closely with design leadership, environment artists and gameplay coders. You will be heavily responsible for all aspects of level creation, from the initial design phase, level white boxing, through to the final polish phase. Using company’s in-house visual scripting system you will implement and develop the gameplay to create amazing levels.
- The role involves level design in a collaborative multidisciplinary environment. You will drive the design of your level(s) from paper design to shipping product
- Responsible for the planning, level layout, setup and tuning of single player levels, from high concept to detailed scripting. You will use visual scripting system to implement bespoke gameplay in the single player levels.
- Collaborate with other designers, artists, animators and programmers to create levels that are not only incredibly fun, but also feel unique. You will have the ability and desire to work in creative and collaborative teams
- Conduct play-testing sessions and gather feedback and action points to refine the levels and gameplay. Take part in other play-testing sessions, providing feedback and suggestions to help fine tune and improve the game
- Implement player feedback to ensure playability and appropriate level of difficulty
- Understand the narrative and gameplay ambition for the levels and have a willingness to take design direction when offered
- Be proactive in communicating progress and solving problems.
- Ability to communicate effectively with other designers, management and peers in other disciplines. You will be part of a multidisciplinary pod and must be able to work well as part of a collaborative team without losing sight of the gameplay vision.
- One or more published AAA titles in a level design capacity
- Scripting experience using visual or text based scripting systems
- An interest in RTS or strategy games is an advantage
The company also has a Senior Level Designer position available.