I'd love to have him as my teacher.
Your place is valueble for me. Thanks!… https://hotmail0909.weebly.com/blog
You have done an outstanding job. Greetings to Toivo Glumov and Natalie Kayurova.
King, the developer of Defold, is looking for a Technical Director to help lead their game engine team. In this role, the team will be delivering the engine and tools their game teams use to build 2D and 3D games ranging from casual to midcore. The company owns its entire technology stack – this ensures they can squeeze out every bit of performance on the millions of devices, power envelopes & memory profiles they need support – so you need to be passionate about everything from transistors to end-user tools.
You are passionate about games and able to work in a flexible and fluid environment where the job will evolve over time.
- A successful track record of developing engine / middleware technology used for games.
- A successful track record of developing games from inception to release.
- Articulate & drive key technical decisions, inside your team and with external stakeholders.
- Technical point of contact; represent the engine on technical matters
- Help promote and drive corporate-wide tech initiatives with the engine development teams
- Understand and surface technical concerns from the game teams
Core People Skills
- Responsible for leading and coaching the development team to ensure their outputs consistently meet standards set
- Partner with product owner to design technical solutions to improve users (developers, artists, game designers) workflow and productivity while getting the engine to use the best out of the target platforms.
- Champion modern development practices: Code reviews, pair programming, clean code, test automation, refactoring and sustainable management of technical debt.
- Be responsible for defining, agreeing and implementing the technical roadmap for the game engine.
- Responsible for technical leadership for the game engine and tools, making sure the engine adopts the best-fit technology aligned with Kings overall technical strategy.
- Consider the long term and represent the engine tech needs with the shared tech groups.
- Work with the King technology stack in mind, collaborate with the other TDs on the greater good
- Bring industry knowledge of best practice to the teams to aid productivity and quality – in everything from tools to architecture
Tasty bonus skills
- Relevant degree and several years of experience from creating casual, mobile, browser based and/or Facebook games
- Experience working in agile project environments.
- Previous experience creating casual and/or mobile games.