The studio is looking for an experienced programmer familiar with C++ to join the team in creating games for console and PC platforms.
Bongfish, the developer behind Harms Way, Motocross Madness, and Stoked is seeking a Senior Gameplay Programmer to join the team in creating games for console and PC platforms.
If you're an experienced programmer familiar with C++, you might be perfect for this role. As a Senior Gameplay Programmer at Bongfish, you'll be responsible for creating and enhancing gameplay mechanics.
You will be working closely with a diverse team of talented individuals, both technical and creative, and collaborate with other engineers throughout the entire feature development process, from initial prototyping to final production.
- Use C++ to create various aspects of gameplay features including game mechanics, working on prototypes, orchestrating effects, and network code;
- Maintain, analyze and improve existing gameplay systems;
- Take ownership and work with a team of engineers and other disciplines, like design, art, and QA on features from beginning to end;
- Create technical design documentation and tech decomposition of features;
- Share your knowledge with your colleagues and participate in code reviews;
- Help with the training of younger colleagues to improve their skills.
- Have strong C++ skills with a good foundation in system design, programming, and debugging as well as have an excellent understanding of 3D math, general gameplay mechanics, and architectures;
- Have 5+ years of game development experience, and have shipped at least one title;
- Be passionate about playing and making video games;
- Have strong collaboration and communication skills and are comfortable working with technical and non-technical people;
- Write tests for ensuring your code qualities are included in your routine.
You can learn more about the position and apply here. Also, don't forget to join our 80 Level Talent platform, our Reddit page, and our Telegram channel, follow us on Instagram and Twitter, where we share breakdowns, the latest news, awesome artworks, and more.