The studio is looking for an experienced programmer familiar with C++ to join the team in creating games for console and PC platforms.
Bongfish, the developer behind Harms Way, Motocross Madness, and Stoked is seeking a Senior Gameplay Programmer to join the team in creating games for console and PC platforms.
If you're an experienced programmer familiar with C++, you might be perfect for this role. As a Senior Gameplay Programmer at Bongfish, you'll be responsible for creating and enhancing gameplay mechanics.
You will be working closely with a diverse team of talented individuals, both technical and creative, and collaborate with other engineers throughout the entire feature development process, from initial prototyping to final production.
- Use C++ to create various aspects of gameplay features including game mechanics, working on prototypes, orchestrating effects, and network code;
- Maintain, analyze and improve existing gameplay systems;
- Take ownership and work with a team of engineers and other disciplines, like design, art, and QA on features from beginning to end;
- Create technical design documentation and tech decomposition of features;
- Share your knowledge with your colleagues and participate in code reviews;
- Help with the training of younger colleagues to improve their skills.
- Have strong C++ skills with a good foundation in system design, programming, and debugging as well as have an excellent understanding of 3D math, general gameplay mechanics, and architectures;
- Have 5+ years of game development experience, and have shipped at least one title;
- Be passionate about playing and making video games;
- Have strong collaboration and communication skills and are comfortable working with technical and non-technical people;
- Write tests for ensuring your code qualities are included in your routine.