Their website does say that you can pay per image at $1 per image. I am in the opposite boat though. I could see this having a very significant effect on photogrammetry but I would need to process a few thousand images at a time which would not be very feasible with their current pricing model
To the developers. A very promising piece of software for a VFX supervisor like me. BUT, please reconsider your pricing tiers and introduce a per-image price. We are a pretty large facility, but I can only imagine needing about 1-10 images a month at the very most. It's like HDRI's - we buy them all the time, one at a time. They need to be individually billed so a producer can charge them against a particular job.
CGPress reported about a new book from Jono Yuen – the editor of the HUDS and GUIS website. His write-up called FUI: How to Design User Interfaces for Film and Games reveals a lot of interesting tips and pieces advice about the creation of fictional interfaces.
The book features some of the most amazing artists, who work with this particular task, including Alan Torres, Ash Thorp, Davison Carvalho, Jayse Hansen, Jérémie Benhamou, Gemma Kingsley, Ryan Rafferty-Phelan. The contributors all share practical advice, share insider secrets.
Want to know how to get a job designing UI for films or games? Not sure how to get started? We’ve got the answers to these and many more questions in our guide to launching a career in FUI.
Jono gathers the most prolific artists in the industry to help answer some of the most common questions such as:
- What does the FUI process look like?
- What tools do FUI designers use?
- How do you get a job designing FUI?
- How do I get started?
If you’ve ever considered designing user interfaces for film or games, then this guide is for you.
- ‘Approaching an interface’ checklist
- ‘Assessing an interface’ checklist
- Pro tips from our contributing artists
- Alan Torres (Captain America: Civil War, Avengers: Age of Ultron, Furious 7, Guardians of the Galaxy)
- Ash Thorp (Ghost in the Shell, Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare, 007: Spectre, Total Recall, Prometheus, Robocop)
- Chris Kieffer (Westworld, Passengers, Interstellar, G.I. Joe: Retaliation, Deep Water Horizon))
- Corey Brammell (TMNT: Out of the Shadows, Ant-Man, 5th Wave, Transformers: Age of Extinction)
- Davison Carvalho (Star Wars: The Force Awakens, Doctor Strange, Captain America: Civil War, Mortal Kombat X)
- Gemma Kingsley (Black Mirror, The Conjuring 2, London Has Fallen)
- Jayse Hansen (Spider-Man Homecoming, Guardians 2, Star Wars: The Force Awakens, The Avengers 1&2, Iron Man 3)
- Jérémie Benhamou (Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare, Dead Space 2&3, Assassins Creed: Unity, Rainbow Six: Siege)
- John LePore (Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice, Captain America: Civil War, Iron Man 2, The Avengers)
- Jorge Almeida (Minority Report, Star Trek Into Darkness, The Dark Knight Rises, Microsoft Future Vision 2015)
- Ryan Rafferty Phelan (Avengers Age of Ultron, Mission Impossible V, Agent 47, Guardians of the Galaxy)
The paperback is released now for $24.99. There will also be an ebook, which will be released a bit later.