there was a sale price i believe, we'll fix it right away
very cool but subscribe to pewdiepie
Anatolii Iudanov presented his framework that transforms Houdini network editor into a game engine. Tired of the traditional interface? Here’s your chance to change things.
Demonstration of a little framework I made that transforms old and boring Houdini network editor into a game engine. All for the sake of fun!
The architecture was heavily inspired by Unity3D: same gameobjects, components, messages, events.
All footage you see is actual recorded gameplay (played with keyboard) in realtime (unless it says otherwise)
The whole project is available at github here under GNU LGPL license.
Soon I will add an instruction manual how to make it all work
Though I won’t probably develop this project any further, cuz the whole project is obviously a big joke.
U started from this setup for custom node shapes:
Thank you, Bastian J. Schiffer for inspiration!
- make sure you have Houdini 16 installed
- launch houdini_launcher.py – it will start Houdini version it can find closest to 16.0.600 with environment set to current folder, so all custom node shapes and scripts are available
- open fxproject/animnodes/snekTest00.hip
- you can open source editor to see available functions
- for better experience – open a floating NetworkEditor pane (better to keep only one of them) and adjust the visible area, so the 4 network boxes are in the corners of the pane (you may wish to bookmark this view with Ctrl+1 or something else for further convenience)
- start something. ex: hou.session.startSnek() starts the game of Snek, hou.session.startPlanes() starts game of Planes
- stop any game or test with hou.session.stop()