Those animations look amazing!! Great job!
Very cool review of the making of Spellbreak. Would be even more cool to see some videos inside UE4 showing how they do a few very specific things unique to them.
This was so helpful for me. I'm hoping to adapt your tutorial to pull off something similar comparing modern satellite imagery with historical maps. No topo, so my steps should be simpler, but I'm a novice with Blender and you've really helped. Thanks!
Check out two nice packs for Unreal Engine 4 which will help you easily deal with combat mechanics. These two packs offer a combat system, a movement system, and fully animated characters for different purposes.
- Movement. There is a jumping system, as well as a system for movement in running and walking states. A combat system is also available, where it is possible to walk in a fighting stance in all directions, while making dashes or dodging an attack, etc.
- Health component. This component comprises all parameters of character’s health. It can be used not only with the character but with any actor, which might need health parameters.
- Melee Weapon. The class of melee weapon for close quarters combat.
- AI. Basic Artificial Intelligence is capable of hearing, seeing, following, and attacking the player from short range.
- XP management component. The component comprises all necessary logic to handle leveling up of a character.
- Game Interface (HUD). A fully animated game interface.
- Combat overview. A cinematic camera in combat.
The Project Close Combat: Swordsman is created to provide developers with a template for games of different genres: action games, RPG’s, slashers or fighting games. The template includes a combat system, a system for character movement, a system for managing character’s level up, and a system of skills for a character.
The Project Close Combat: Fighter is created to provide developers with a template for games of different genres: action games, RPG’s, or fighting games. The template includes a combat system, a system for character movement, a system for managing character’s level up, and a system of skills for a character.