I recommend that you watch his Intro to 3D Coat and Intro to Destruction art videos. After learning the techniques he used in the video this course will make a lot more sense.
AI applications are only beginning to materialize. It's so exciting what neural networks will do to art workflows in the coming years.
W T F!!! Why, really don't understand, EA = just a fucking looser company!
Take a look at a pack for UE4 that can help you deal with the combat part. The project features a combat system, a fully animated character set with a sword, a move system (walk, run, jump), and a system for increasing the level of the character.
The Project Close Combat: Swordsman is created to provide developers with a template for games of different genres: action games, RPG’s, slashers or fighting games. The template includes a combat system, a system for character movement, a system for managing character’s level up, and a system of skills for a character.
- Movement. There is a jumping system, as well as a system for movement in running and walking states. A combat system is also available, where it is possible to walk in a fighting stance in all directions, while making dashes or dodging an attack, etc.
- Health component. This component comprises all parameters of character’s health. It can be used not only with the character, but with any actor, which might need health parameters.
- Melee Weapon. The class of melee weapon for close quarters combat. In the project, there are 3 different swords stylized differently: Futuristic sword, Sword of Light, Sword of Darkness.
- AI. Basic Artificial Intelligence is capable of hearing, seeing, following, and attacking the player from short range.
- XP management component. The component comprises all necessary logic to handle leveling up of a character.
- Game Interface (HUD). There is a fully animated game interface.
- Combat overview. A cinematic camera in combat.
- Number of Blueprints: 20