Chaos Czech (AKA Render Legion) revealed Corona Renderer 4 for 3ds Max.
The newest version features a fast new Caustics algorithm to set up in just a couple of clicks. It is said to be able to handle both reflective and refractive caustics. What is more, caustics can be enabled or disabled on a light-by-light basis, the results are fully compatible with Corona’s Lightmix post-production tool.
The update also brings the ability to pick objects and set the focal point in a rendered image both in the VFB and viewport interactive rendering mode. There’s also a new fisheye mode and the Intel AI Denoiser is no longer restricted to Intel GPUs.
– Easy to set up
– No complex parameters
– Fast to render
– Handles reflective caustics and refractive caustics
– Refractive caustics can include dispersion
– Each light source can have caustics enabled or disabled
– Works as expected with LightMix and other Corona tools
- Pick objects, and set the DOF focus point in the rendered image
- Fisheye mode for cameras
- Intel AI Denoiser
- Multiple Suns and Environments for LightMix
- Rest (unassigned) LightSelect layer in LightMix can now be denoised and saved like any other LightSelect
- Improvements to overlapping volumetric media
- New Image Filtering
- Adaptive Light Solver
You can learn more about the latest release here.