Chaos Group has recently updated Corona Renderer 5 for Cinema 4D. Let's check out new features.
The update focuses on optimizations, saving memory for displacement, and memory and render times for caustics.
- 2.5D Displacement, memory savings
- Caustics, faster render time and memory savings
- Caustics now respect the include/exclude list for Corona Lights
- SSS renders correctly inside glossy refractive materials which have caustics enabled
- Much faster handling of Corona Proxies
- Faster render times and memory savings for Corona Proxies
- New Corona Sky object, allows multiple environments for LightMix, and use of any Shader for the environment
- Select Material and Shader, self-contained "library" that an object carries with it
- Multi Shader randomizes colors/textures across objects or sub-objects
- Compatibility with the native Cinema 4D Background object
- Shadowcatcher Illuminator option for Corona Lights
- New Sampling Focus multipass, shows which areas of an image require and receive the most sampling
- New Render Stamp multipass, save render statistics (render time, memory use, etc.) without embedding into the Beauty pass
You can learn more about the new version here.