Great interview! I appreciate you make this kind of material that inspire and helps people in the same path :) Thanks 80 level and Mats! Ancelmo Toledo ;)
Thanks for sharing.I found a lot of interesting information here. A really good post, very thankful and hopeful that you will write many more posts like this one. - earn to die
CRYENGINE 3.8.3 has released and although there aren’t a lot of features, there are plenty of fixes and optimizations.
Character Attachment Merging (Shadows)
CRYENGINE characters consist of many attachments tied together via the skeleton. Although this approach provides much flexibility which makes rendering quite expensive as each part needs to be rendered individually. Shadow rendering has been optimized to where all attachments are merged into a set of large meshes that can be rendered with one draw call each.
UV Mapping Editor
This allows for more easy and powerful ways to define UVs of a designer object, quite similar to what could be built in most DCC tools. This is a list of some of the important changes made:
- New: Improved occlusion and indirect shadowing quality.
- New: Added two new Lightstyles (49/50) to simulate large and small open flame variations.
- Fixed: SplineDistributor can be hidden now.
- Fixed: New level – on creation, make an objectives.xml. Removes warnings in editor log.
- Fixed: Cubemap generation when SVOGI is in use.
- Fixed: CUIEntityTag first-frame flickering.
- Tweaked: Changed Vegetation Tool “UseSprites” checkbox to be unchecked by default. Sprites are no longer supported.
- Tweaked: only brushes need to notify the NavMesh of upcoming changes of their AABB.
The full list of fixes and implementations can be found here.