Weekly NewsletterThank you for subscription. You'll be getting weekly digest every Friday.
Milwaukee US 17, Jun — 22, Jun
New York US 17, Jun — 20, Jun
St. Petersburg RU 19, Jun — 21, Jun
TBA BR 22, Jun — 24, Jun
Amsterdam NL 25, Jun — 28, Jun
guys post some article with unity most of your post are based on UE4
This has come a long way since I last saw it, great job on the final version!
Thanks a lot ! Did you give some masterclass of something ?
Dabarti Capture - Surface Normal Capturing Tool
18 May, 2017
In recent months I’ve been obsessed with getting proper bump map for shading. I couldn’t get the results I hoped for with any tool available in the market so I just decided to find better way of doing it. After developing initial workflow and getting some amazing results I was bombarded with questions. This tool and workflow is the answer to those who dared to ask: “How?”.
- Capture set of photographs (minimum 3) from single point of view.
- Capture each shot with different light conditions. Directional light like flashlight works great.
- Make sure to have shiny spherical object in the shots for light calibration.
- Create mask for the spherical probe, call probe_mask.jpg . Check sample set that comes with installation.
- Process those photos with Dabarti Capture (capture.exe) to get Normal, Albedo and Depth map (displacement).
- Use those maps wisely by creating some kick-ass renders.
- Video tutorial: