I have being working in the AAA industry for tha last 3 years and the crunch is what is forcing me to find something else to do in life even if I love 3d. Some places may be more respectful with their employees but in my experience the crunch is even calculated in advance cause they know the workers will accept that. Some people is very passionate and don´t mind to do it and that is fine but a lot of people have families and they want to build a healthy environment with them or other goals outside the working ours. Not to mention non-payed overtime and other abuses I faced. Hope this industry fixs this problem.
Those tilesets are sexy. Seeing new tilesets is like getting introduced to a new lego set.
Deadbolt is a new game from the indie company Hopoo Games, LLC, which created Risk of Rain – a roguelike 2d shooter, which has some of the most amazing music. As some of the readers have already noted the game looks incredibly similar to a mix of Gunpoint and Hotline Miami.
You play as a hired assassin, who barges into some homes and kills everyone out there. The hero can use various types of weapons, including, knives, automatic guns and shotguns. To survive he also needs to use the environment to his advantage, swiftly traveling through the vents or hiding behind the tables. You have to be careful though. If you mess up, the bad guys will get to you very fast and there are only so many bullets in the gun.
Deadbolt is very similar to Gunpoint in terms of perspective and game design. Although it has a much bigger emphasis on action, than on stealth. There are tons of different ways to solve the problem in game and we can’t wait to see how the whole game will play. We’re not sure what kind of engine the studio is using, but it sure doesn’t look like Unity.
• Complete over 30 extremely challenging missions
• Unlock and obtain over 30 weapons, ranging from a reaper’s scythe to an automatic grenade launcher
• Fight over 35 enemy types, ranging from zombies to vampires to bosses and more
• Choose your playstyle: quiet assassin, loud one-man army, or anything in between
• Gib them all! DEADBOLT’s dynamic gore system guarantees that all evisceration leads to satisfaction
• Choose your own way to complete a mission – no mission has to be completed in one way
• Accomplish a variety of objectives, like assassinating gang leaders and investigating mysteries