Sergey Tyapkin has recently shared a tutorial that will show you his Decal Technique for Hard Surface Environment which the artist used in his latest project.
The artist pointed out that this technique can save a lot of your time, and will be able to create even 100-meters spaceship holding high texel density without baking normal maps and texturing.
The pack features a 5-hour step-by-step video tutorial with 11 parts showing the wall creation process, from idea to game-ready model.
- Concept Stage.
- Creating Trim and Decal Sheet in NDo.
- Explaining Face Weighted Normals.
- Modeling Stage.
- Creating UE4 Project with Procedural Materials.
The pack also comes with all source files:
- Concept .psd file.
- Modo and .fbx scenes (in case if you’re not a Modo user).
- NDo Project with .png textures and .psd source file.
- UE4 Project (version 4.20).
What is more, there’s a text document with useful links for deep learning included. You can find the pack for $20 here.