Check out 5 courses on environment art that would help you learn new skills in procedural approach, assets creation, modeling, and compositing.
Environment Arts: Real-Time Strategy Assets
Learn how to create assets for RTS games from Tobias Forsling.
- Mastering scaling assets properly
- Creating your own house and game ready asset for your own project
- Learning about optimization within the engine and how to achieve certain FX's
Houdini For Games - Intro To World Creation
Find insights into the world creation procedural workflow from the Ubisoft artist, Thomas Tobin.
What you’ll focus on:
- Principles for working within Houdini
- workflow for creating and understanding procedural assets
- Mastering your way through the Houdini interface and HDA pipeline.
- Creating your own procedural real-world generator.
Environment Modeling For Film
Master the workflow of building and preparing assets for cinematic environments with Alan Wilson.
Skills you’ll have at the end of the course:
- Know the principles for blueprints as they relate to building in 3D
- Know the techniques for Building Sets to Approved Camera Shots
- Have mastered your way through the Environment Modeling pipeline.
- Have created your own Hero Archetype Environmental Building from concept to completed 3D print.
Compositing in Nuke
Check out a cool Nuke compositing course from Rebelway school.
- Nuke overview
- Learning how to track using corner pins and how to efficiently handle multiple formats as we composite a green screen monitor replacement.
- Completely replacing the background behind the actor and using new techniques to maintain hair detail
- Introduction to CG compositing using multi-layered EXRs on top of practical footage.
- Creating a master setup that can be procedurally applied to similar shots in a sequence.
- Using the curve tool to automate animation that would otherwise have to be done by hand.
- Layering together multiple interactive FX passes for our first version of the comp.
- Using real dust and smoke elements in combination with our CG to add further realism into the scene.
Feudal Japan Warroom Environment Unreal Engine 4
Check out a cool pack with the environment made by Rebellion artist John Teodoro.
- High Attention to Details
- High Quality
- Unique Concepts For Assets
- Number of Unique Meshes: 30
- Collision: Yes
- LODs: Yes
- Number of Materials and Material Instances: 80
- Number of Decals: 2
- Number of Textures: 126
- Texture Resolutions: 2K
- Supported Development Platforms:
- Windows: Yes
- Mac: Yes
- Supported Engine Versions: 4.23, 4.24, 4.25+