It's not shown in the video, but there is an option in the Poly Reduce node to keep Quads and it does a marvelous job keeping intact the original shape decreasing geometry in the areas whereis not needed. Unfortunately the Poly Reduce node only keeps quads if the input mesh is already quad based. In order to get quads from non quad geometries you need to try the Voxel node.
can 80.lv stop posting this kind of low-quality 'showcase' articles? If I wanna find showcase/reel, I can find them easily on Viemo, cgsociety. Everyone know houdini can be used to do destruction, simulation, etc. there is no need to show another destruction unless posting a helpful 'tutorial'. However, this is not.
Can it produce quads, too?
Take a look at this female mannequin model from Pior Oberson. The pack is ready for animation and comes with PBR materials and a Marmoset Toolbag3 presentation scene.
Female mannequin comes in both Tpose (straight) and Ypose (relaxed) for all possible workflows. The pack will be great for animation reels and game prototyping.
- Three FBX files (Ypose, Tpose, and both poses as animation frames)
- Blender scene (with Tpose and Ypose as animation frames)
- Marmoset Toolbag3 presentation scene
- Texture maps for PBR materials (Albedo / Roughness / Metalness)
- 5 material variants (pink, blue, white, red & black, silver)
- (The gun model and the motion capture data are not included)