Pixel Perfect Polygons has recently revealed its Forest pack for Unreal.
You can also paint with landscape layers to automatically fill the ground with procedurally distributed ground cover, including ferns, dead branches, roots, clover, and more.
“Use the unified wind and wetness shader to define the wind and wetness amount on a global scale, without having to modify every asset or material, simply by inputting a value between 0-1.” Artist can use 0 to simulate calm winds and dry environment or go up to 1 to simulate stormy winds and wet environment. The pack also allows to set up the wind direction without having to do anything complex.
• Unified wetness shader
• Unified wind shader
• Wind-driven shadows
• Wind-driven puddles
• Wind-driven river
• GPU Particles
• Lighting presets
• Ambiance sounds
• Distant rain effect
• Distance-based tessellation and displacement for trees and landscape
• River material with dynamic foam (distance fields)
• Extensive customization using material instances
• Demonstration level (WIP)
• Controllable tree moss layer
• Procedurally distributed ground cover
• Water puddles landscape layer