I have being working in the AAA industry for tha last 3 years and the crunch is what is forcing me to find something else to do in life even if I love 3d. Some places may be more respectful with their employees but in my experience the crunch is even calculated in advance cause they know the workers will accept that. Some people is very passionate and don´t mind to do it and that is fine but a lot of people have families and they want to build a healthy environment with them or other goals outside the working ours. Not to mention non-payed overtime and other abuses I faced. Hope this industry fixs this problem.
Those tilesets are sexy. Seeing new tilesets is like getting introduced to a new lego set.
System Era is seeking a talented 3D artist to work on Astroneer who is capable of crafting original visual designs for team’s goals.
You do not require someone else to concept or reference ideas for you. You worry less about the absolute efficiency of the mesh or texture you’ve made and more about the portrayal of the idea or design you are building. Ideally you have a strong understand of mechanical design, aerospace design, and lean towards “hard” science fiction than sci-fi that is whimsy or magical.
No one working at System Era wears a single hat on the team as we prefer to work with people that can help in more than a single way. If you have interests in things like graphic design, typography, marketing, web design, storytelling, game design, and so on you’ll be an ideal candidate to joining our team.
- Has an understanding of Astroneer’s art style and can see limitless possibilities in its limitations.
- A strong visual designer.
- Proficient in 3D modeling and 2D texture creation.
- Professional experience working on video games and/or real-time 3D modeling and textures.
- A portfolio of 3D artwork that reflects a style similar to Astroneer.
Nice to Have:
- Can show they understand the team’s style and are strong visual designers by completing the optional art test (See below)
- Experience with Unreal Engine 4
- Senior experience in video game development.
- An interest in science fiction, aerospace, and space exploration.
- A portfolio that reflects a style similar to Astroneer.