Weekly NewsletterThank you for subscription. You'll be getting weekly digest every Friday.
Game Jobs: Character Artist at Guerrilla
29 March, 2017
Guerrilla, the studio behind the amazing journey of Aloy in Horizon: Zero Dawn, is looking for Character Artists of all levels, who are focused and understand game development, who can work within an established art direction, and who can appreciate how their work relates to the vision and needs of the game.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- In addition to sculpting, you will texture, shade, light and articulate. You’re broadly skilled and understand that character work does not end in zBrush.
- You will undertake a wide variety of challenges related to game characters. You want to be a video game character artist, and you’re not intimidated by the technical and often fiddly side of game character production.
- You will constantly push yourself to improve. You have drive and attitude, and see every task as another opportunity to learn.
- You will help the Principal Character Artist and Art Director with contractors/outsourcing, as required.
WHO YOU ARE
- You have some skill in every aspect of character creation, from start to finish.
- You have a realistic appraisal of your own strengths and weaknesses, and you’re constantly striving to improve. You keep abreast of all the latest technology, workflow tips and tools.
- You can work to specification and to schedule, in an existing pipeline, and equally work on minimal instruction if provided.
- You’re open to and will act on criticism and feedback. You can take, understand and apply art direction, even if you might not personally agree.
- You’re open to working in a production pipeline that makes heavy use of freelancers and subcontractors – and can work on or with assets that have been produced by external vendors. You appreciate how and why studios use subcontracting.
- You have a solid understanding of game design principles, and an appreciation of how character art decisions can affect both playability and design production. You’re high on initiative, have great written and verbal communication skills, and know how to manage your time effectively.