Jack. First of all, I want to apologize for offending you. We published this just to show how the tech could be used. We don't actually care about the message. But you do bring up a viable point, that for some people - this might be an issue, so I take this post down.
What European universities would you recommend?
How about you don't associate with a left leaning partisan news site assuming all video game artists lean the same way. I'll be blocking your content from here on out.
Splash Damage, an independently-owned studio behind multiplayer shooter Dirty Bomb and the latest Gears of War game, is seeking talented environment artists to help build stunning and inspiring scenes for future titles. You will work within their multi-discipline art team, building worlds while collaborating with Art direction, Design and Tech-Art to ensure the maps are fun to play, perform well and look visually impressive.
- Build appealing map art with strong compositions and mood in a concise way
- Work with the Art Leads and fellow artists to create inspiring environment art while ensuring a consistent art style is maintained across the game
- Collaborate with the Design Team to maintain gameplay requirements and Tech art to maintain performance requirements
- Maintain quality, efficiency and consistency across your work
Essential Skills and Experience
- Great artistic knowledge of environment art (Modeling, Mapping, Texturing and World Building)
- Great technical knowledge of 3D packages, texturing packages and game engines like Unreal
- Strong understanding of art fundamentals and design (including understanding of composition and colour)
- Good communication skills and ability to receive and act upon feedback
- Passion for game development
Desirable Skills and Experience
- Inspirational artistic skills
- Experience of mentoring and supporting a development team
- Understanding of production and management ( planning, scoping )
- Further specialism within art such as lighting, VFX, Animation
You can find more details on the position and benefits here.