Hi Elliott, This is a great breakdown and very generous in sharing your process and insights, you came a long way from the vending machine days!
Are you planning on releasing the UE4 project to the public? Or only builds? I'd love to play around with it in the editor if possible!
Rockstar Leeds is seeking an experiences environment artist with strong modeling and texturing skills, who is capable of creating immersive, living and fully-realised environments. You will be responsible for creating exciting and believable artwork, building and texturing environment assets for the upcoming projects of one of the biggest game developers in the world.
- Sculpting, modeling and texturing terrain for next-gen game environments.
- Work within the map department specialising in landscape terrain art.
- Participate in R&D of new techniques to implement into production pipeline.
- Proactively seek feedback from Lead Artist and Creative Directors.
- Ensuring artistic style is consistent with defined visual style for the game.
- 2+ years of post-secondary educational experience in 2D and 3D art production.
- Preferably worked on released titles.
- Superior 2D and 3D art skills.
- Should be proficient at sculpting natural landscapes of varying terrain.
- Possess a good knowledge of cutting-edge shader techniques.
- Eagerness to learn new software tools and technologies.
- Ability to work in a team setting, under deadlines and time constraints.
- Expertise in 3ds Max, Photoshop and either ZBrush or Mudbox is required.
- Strong technical background with ability to grasp new programs and systems quickly.
- Ability to work with a high degree of self-direction and motivation.
- Strong communication and time management skills.
- Able to prioritize and multi-task.
- Creative nature with strong problem solving skills.
- Game experience preferred.