Most interesting and inspiring artist on the business.
Great interview! I appreciate you make this kind of material that inspire and helps people in the same path :) Thanks 80 level and Mats! Ancelmo Toledo ;)
Thanks for sharing.I found a lot of interesting information here. A really good post, very thankful and hopeful that you will write many more posts like this one. - earn to die
Don’t miss this chance to collaborate directly with the creators of the critically acclaimed game ABZU. Giant Squid is looking for a passionate engineer to work on elegant and efficient, yet evocative, beautiful and meaningful experiences.
As our gameplay programmer, we will depend on your natural sense for game theory and your ability to apply advanced mathematics, physics, and code to make your designs a reality. This role will involve brainstorming gameplay ideas with the team and then prototyping variations in engine. Examples may include player movement and controls, dynamic camera logic, AI behaviors, interactive objects, and environmental player feedback, among many others. Our process involves iterating, refining, and playtesting to arrive at game elements that are elegant, iconic, and simple to understand. This means that your ability to learn from and then discard ideas that aren’t working will be crucial to arriving at the most succinct expression of our design goals.
Beyond a core understanding of gameplay programming in C++, we are looking for a team player who shares our excitement for learning, researching new techniques, wearing multiple hats and stepping outside of regular workflows to innovate and make things happen. You will be working closely with animators, artists, and other programmers to implement game mechanics and great feeling interactions. A collaborative mindset will be crucial as you help us find solutions to unforseen challenges requiring cross disiplinary teamwork that we discover as we bring our next project to life.
- Prototype, implement and polish gameplay interactions, character actions, camera and game systems
- Ensure gameplay delivers rich feedback for player input
- Iterate on design based on user playtesting and feedback
- Deep understanding of mathematics and physics for games (calculus, linear algebra, trigonometry, etc.)
- Mastery of programming in C++
- Knowledge of game design principles
- At least one title shipped with rich gameplay feedback, or equivalent experience
- Experience with Unreal Engine 4
- Experience with scripting languages such as Python
- Experience with 3D packages such as Maya
Relocation expenses and/or visa sponsorship not offered.