Thanks a lot for sharing! It's hard to find useful info on lighting.
Wow, that's great. Have to try this out!
Vicarious Visions, an Activision studio, is seeking talented lighting artists to bring new parts of the Destiny universe out of darkness. As a part of the team you will light the new environments of the Destiny world. The ideal candidate is described as somebody who appreciates the difference between day-break, high noon, and the magic hour.
The main function of this position is to ensure that the Art Director’s vision for lighting and materials is realized. To achieve this, you will work with proprietary tools built for you to light levels, characters, and in-game cinematics. This role will rely on close collaboration with the graphics engineering team, as well as the tools team to help define and master the art content creation pipeline in regards to lighting. Working in concert with the Art Director and Environment Leads and Artists will also ensure a consistent aesthetic quality regarding the lighting in our games.
Your Guardian will be Responsible for:
- Create the lighting look for games in accordance with the Bungie Style Guide
- Own lighting for game levels, dynamic/scripted lighting, character light rigs, and in-game cinematics
- Stay informed on new developments in rendering, particularly with regard to realistic lighting and surfaces
- Work closely with the tools and engine departments to prototype and test new lighting technology
- Provide feedback and direction to other production artists who are working on lighting-related tasks
The skills they’re looking for in order to level up your Guardian:
- AA/BFA preferred, or at least demonstrates through portfolio an industry standard level of art
- Experience with materials/shaders and their relationship to light
- Strong understanding of compositing processes and experience in post-processing techniques
- Excellent color sense
- Wide understanding of lighting/rendering technologies (pre-render and real-time rendering, sub surface scattering, HDR, refraction, etc.)
- Strong background in traditional art skills
- Must be well versed in Autodesk Maya/Max, Adobe Photoshop and a variety of rendering technologies
- Must possess excellent communication and problem-solving skills
- Must be able to work in a collaborative environment, taking direction from the Art Director/Leads as necessary