Weekly NewsletterThank you for subscription. You'll be getting weekly digest every Friday.
I really like how you've articulated your entire process. This was a very enriching read. A Well deserved feature!
Great article! Thanks for the awesome read.
Wow, this is so cool! Nice job!
Game Jobs: Senior Environment Artist at Rockstar
27 March, 2017
The Rockstar New England team has a great offer for environment artists. Are you ready to work with the guys behind Bully: Scholarship Edition, Red Dead Redemption, L.A. Noire, Max Payne 3 and Grand Theft Auto V on creating next-generation worlds for some exciting upcoming projects? The position requires not just strong modeling and texturing skills, but also an ability to create immersive, living, and fully-realized environments.
- You will be responsible for creating a very high quality of environment art.
- Working as a senior you will benchmark and raise the bar for environment art throughout products.
- Should be able to mentor and work well with others within the team.
- Work closely with Programmers to ensure polygon counts and texture sizes are fully optimized for target platforms while minimizing any impact on artistic integrity of assets.
- Participate in R&D of new techniques to implement into production pipeline.
- Proactively seek feedback from Lead Artist, and Creative Directors.
- Ensure that artistic style is consistent with defined visual style for the game.
- 5+ years of post-secondary educational experience in 2D and 3D art production.
- Proven track record in at least 2 shipped titles (preferably AAA).
- Superior 2D and 3D art skills.
- Possess an in-depth knowledge of cutting edge shader techniques.
- Excellent compositional skills and all-around artistic expertise and flare.
- Eagerness to learn new software tools and technologies.
- Ability to work in a team setting, under deadlines and time constraints.
- Expertise in 3ds Max, Photoshop, or other technologies utilized in the production of game art.
- Strong technical background with ability to grasp new programs and systems quickly.
- Ability to work with a high degree of self-direction and motivation.
- Strong communication and time management skills.
- Able to prioritize and multi-task.
- Creative nature with strong problem solving skills.
- Passion for Rockstar Games!