Drive the development of feature prototypes by working in close collaboration with production, technical directors, engineers, and other disciplines.
Senior Technical Designer is needed at Ubisoft. Drive the development of feature prototypes by working in close collaboration with production, technical directors, engineers, and other disciplines to develop a new AAA title.
Senior technical designers are competent in both system and level design, but are known for being detail-oriented developers with advanced technical skills when compared to other designers. As part of a multidisciplinary production team, they help shape the architecture for new game systems; as well as, create and implement the more complex technical design elements into the game. Equally, they advocate and shape production efficiency and product quality, primarily for system development and world creation. It is expected that their work will be of the highest quality.
Senior technical designers act as a point of contact between designers and other disciplines. They regularly identify ways to improve communication amongst disciplines as they are uniquely positioned between content creators, engineering, and other departments. They are trusted to take direction from the conception phase, collaboratively refine designs into a clearly defined and deliverable idea, and drive development through to a shipped product.
- Drive the development of feature prototypes by working in close collaboration with production, technical directors, engineers, and other disciplines
- Provide insightful feedback in design discussions with an emphasis on the realities of the engine and system constraints and how they will impact development
- Provide accurate risk assessments to production, engineering, and design when new features are proposed
- Maintain a clear understanding of design direction so that systems can be implemented to spec and design intentions can be communicated clearly to other disciplines
- Develop and enforce best practices including naming, script conventions, spatial metrics, budgets, production pipelines, and tools
- Document, conduct training sessions, and enforce best practices for implementation of maps in the engine throughout production
- Provide constructive, critical feedback for designers creating level layouts and placing gameplay elements so they can properly scope their work and achieve the highest quality within the time constraints
- A passion for shipping high quality games
- Proactive self-starter who can operate at autonomously when requested
- Thorough and detailed
- Effective, tactful communicator
- Experience in all phases of shipping a product
- Understanding of software engineering principles
- Strong work ethic
- Positive Attitude
- Problem Solver
- Extensive experience in all phases of development from inception to ship
- Relevant scripting experience with such as python, C#, or visual scripting