Weekly NewsletterThank you for subscription. You'll be getting weekly digest every Friday.
Very impressive article Jake! You are very talented.
nice article! i love seeing the breakdowns.
Game Jobs: Texturing/Surfacing Artist at Allegorithmic
23 May, 2017
Allegorithmic is looking for a Texture/Surfacing Artist (VFX/Animation focused) wishing to join the adventure in the newly opened Montreal branch. Don’t miss this change to work with the team behind Substance tools.
Courtesy of 20th Century Fox
- Producing content/assets targeted for the Film sector. This includes demo scenes and tutorials (and possibly plugins or Substance tools).
- Visiting clients, prospects and events with our sales managers to perform live demos of the software and address technical questions and feature requests.
- Training Allegorithmic customers on how to use the tools and help fitting them in their production pipeline.
- Providing support to clients from the Film sector, such as the companies visible here (and possibly AAA Game clients locally in Quebec, such as Ubisoft or WB Games).
- 3+ years of work experience in the texturing/shading field, in a professional VFX or Animation studio (Film or commercial or cinematics).
- Good knowledge of Allegorithmic’s Substance software.
- Understanding of PBR rendering and materials.
- Excellent knowledge of industry standard modeling, texturing/shading and rendering tools (Maya, Photoshop, Katana, Arnold or Renderman etc.).
- Keen on teaching others, able to perform a live demo in front of an audience or at meetings.
- At-ease in a startup-like environment, autonomous, and who gives importance to work ethic and teamwork.
- Open and responsive to guidance and constructive feedback.
- When applying, please provide a resume, a few words about why you applied in the “Cover letter” section and an up-to-date portfolio.
- Familiar with real-time 3D, game engines and node-based tools.
- Experience in setting-up full production pipelines.
- Ability to produce both realistic or stylized texturing.
- Knowledge of scripting (ex: MEL script or other).
- Experienced with customers’ feedback and support.
- Bilingual in French and English.