Thanks a lot for sharing! It's hard to find useful info on lighting.
Wow, that's great. Have to try this out!
Wow beautiful environment. Very thorough and detailed. But I think there are a few images that are not showing up (error?). Is that just me? Interested in seeing those other pictures...
Treyarch is seeking a Senior UI Artist with exceptional creative talent to bring vision to the user interface of their games.
The Senior UI Artist will iterate rapidly on concept sketches and prototype assets, using the systems design requirements defined by the User Experience Designer and the visual style requirements defined by the Associate Art Director. In this role, you will work to establish a unified product style guide which will create a seamless road map for UI asset generation through completion of the final shipped game.
The successful candidate will have a rich understanding of human-software interaction and will be highly effective at communicating complex information using simple aesthetics. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter who is capable of navigating within a large development team to get things done with a strong desire to exceed expectations.
What you’ll be doing:
- Work directly for the UI Lead, establishing the look of the game’s front-end user interface, in-game HUD, and additional art content to maintain a consistent visual aesthetic across all UI assets
- Work closely with the User Experience Designer and Systems Designers to iterate on concepts until architectural and usability requirements are met
- Work with User Experience Designer to ensure that the end-user has a seamless and intuitive experience and that all assets appear in-game with a high degree of readability
- Work with Engineers to ensure that all assets appear in-game to specification and within technical constraints
- Work with the Producer to prioritize your schedule and deliver assets that support the development goals of each milestone
- Generate assets for front-end menus, icons, buttons, widgets, backgrounds, data displays, top-down maps, etc., from concept to final polished product
- Have a driving desire to make the best-looking and most intuitive user interface ever experienced in a video game
The skills & experience you’ll need:
- 5+ years’ experience working in visual media with a focus on user interface design
- Proven management skills and ability to motivate, coach and mentor artists
- Game industry experience on at least 1 commercially shipped title is preferable
- Experience in collaborating with an UX Designer to solve problems at a wireframe level
- Strong portfolio demonstrating a breadth of visual creativity with many examples that fit within the constraints of a system design. Additionally, portfolio should contain examples of logos and iconography
- Proficiency in standard graphic media applications, such as Photoshop and Illustrator • Knowledge of secondary visual media applications, after effects, 3D packages, and Flash
- Must demonstrate that you have a thorough understanding of the processes involved in a large-project art pipeline • Must be a good communicator who works well with a variety of personalities in an energetic team environment
- Must be concept driven and able to come up with multiple solid ideas, pitch them to a client, absorb feedback, re-pitch to client, and then see them through production • Experience working in a related field, such as advertising, motion graphics, web design, information architecture, illustration or industrial design
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design, Illustration, or Industrial Design
- MUST have a passion for games; multiplayer gaming is a big plus