Rockstar New England is looking for a talented artist, who can build and texture environment assets: trees, bushes and other stuff.
Rockstar New England (former Mad Doc Software) is looking for a talented guy, who can build and texture environment assets: trees, bushes and other stuff.
So you think you can make trees? You think you can do just as good as Simon Barle? If you do, check out this open position from Rockstar New England. Strong modelling and texturing skills are required.
Rockstar New England worked on Bully: Scholarship Edition, Red Dead Redemption, L.A. Noire, Max Payne 3 and Grand Theft Auto V. No information as to what game the position is for. It might be Read Dead Redemption 2. They want the assets that are original and still keep a look and feel of their specific real-world references.
Before you apply, please make sure, your digital portfolio is nice to look at.
- Model, texture and create collision in 3D for game environment vegetation assets.
- Work closely with Programmers and other departments to ensure art assets are fully optimised for target platforms while minimising any impact on artistic integrity of assets.
- Participate in R&D of new techniques to implement into production pipeline.
- Proactively seek feedback from Lead Artist, Producer and Creative Director.
- Ensures that artistic style is consistent with defined visual style for the game.
- 2+ years of post-secondary educational experience in 2D and 3D art production.
- 3+ years of experience as a 3D artist within the gaming or similar industry.
- Preferably worked on released titles.
- Superior 3D art skills.
- Eagerness to learn new software tools and technologies.
- Possess a good knowledge of cutting edge shader techniques.
- Ability to work in a team setting, under deadlines and time constraints.
- Expertise in 3ds Max, Photoshop, or other technologies utilized in the production of game art.
- Strong technical background with ability to grasp new programs and systems quickly would be advantageous.
- An ability in photography or the willingness to learn is highly desirable.
- Ability to work with a high degree of self-direction and motivation.
- Strong communication and time management skills.
- Able to prioritize and multi-task.
- Creative nature with strong problem-solving skills.