Take a look at the key talks to attend at GDC Showcase next week.
GDC revealed the highlights of the upcoming GDC Showcase. The event will take place next week, from March 15 till March 19, 2021.
Here’s the schedule of highlighted talks:
March 15, Monday
- 9:00 am - 10:00 am - Classic Game Postmortem: ‘Deus Ex’ by Warren Spector from OtherSide Entertainment
- 10:40 am - 11:10 am - Keys to Next Level Game Growth by Brent Dance from Google and Paula Wang from Google Asia Pacific
- 11:15 am- 11:45 am - Diversity and Inclusion Starter Kit by Joahanna Thoma from Avalanche Studios
- 12:25 pm - 12:55 pm - Ask Me Anything: Sucker Punch Productions Co-Founder Brian Fleming Talks 'Ghost of Tsushima’
- 1:00 pm - 1:30 pm - Next-Generation Game Development on NVIDIA RTX GPUs by John Spitzer from NVIDIA
March 16, Tuesday
- 9:00 am - 10:00 am - Unity For All 2021: Tech and Creator Showcase by Kat Strafford, Ralph Hauwert, Andrew Bowell, Rus Scammell, Geraint North, Brandi House, Ashley Alicea, James Stone, Louise Scully, Christina Guo, Jessica Lindl.
- 10:05 am - 10:35 am - Making Magic: A Business Model for Divergent Thinkers by Guha Bala and Karthik Bala from Velan Studios.
- 11:50 am - 12:20 pm - Unity Fireside Chat: The Next-Gen Console Opportunity by Mike Geig from Unity Technologies and Bennie Terry III from Oddworld: Soulstorm.
- 12:25 pm - 12:55 pm - Ask Me Anything: Q&A with Obsidian Entertainment’s Carrie Patel
- 1:35 pm - 2:35 pm - GDC Podcast Live! Hosted by Gamasutra feat. ‘Spelunky’ Dev Derek Yu
March 17, Wednesday
- 9:00 am - 10:00 am - Future of Gaming: Quality and Connection by Jason Rubin and Michael Verdu from Facebook, Dean Takahashi from GamesBeat at VentureBeat, Denny Unger from Cloudhead Games, and Michael Carter from PlayCo
- 1:35 pm - 2:35 pm - GDC Podcast Live! Hosted by Gamasutra feat. Mohawk Games’ with Leyla Johnson and Soren Johnson
- 2:40 pm - 3:10 pm - Squad Up! - Social and Multiplayer in VR with POPULATION: ONE by Chia Chin Lee and Gabe Brown from BigBox VR, Omid Yazdanshenas from Oculus
- 3:15 pm - 3:45 pm - Ask Me Anything: Q&A With 'Demon’s Souls’ Creative Director Gavin Moore
March 18, Thursday
- 9:00 am - 10:00 am - Billions of Gamers. Thousand of Needs. Millions of Opportunities by Roger Chandler from Intel Corporation
- 10:05 am - 10:35 am - Making Great VR Games: A Postmortem on Skydance Interactive’s ‘The Walking Dead: Saints & Sinners” by Chris Busse from Skydance Interactive and Guy Costantini from Skydance Media
- 11:50 am - 12:20 pm - Challenges and Opportunities in Gaming Innovation on the PC by Kim Pallister fromIntel Corporation, Michael Lewis from Take-Two Interactive, Jeff Pobst from Hidden Path, Albert Safstrom from Coffee Stain Publishing
- 12:25 pm - 12:55 pm - Ask me Anything: Q&A with Yacht Club Games’ David D’Angelo
- 2:40 pm - 3:10 pm - Gaming is Shaping the World by Marcus Kennedy from Intel Corporation
March 19, Friday
- 9:00 am - 10:00 am - Classic Game Postportem: ‘Ms. Pac-Man’ by Steve Golson
- 12:25 pm - 12:55 pm - Ask Me Anything: Brian Horton, Creative Director on Insomniac Games’ Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales
- 1:35 pm - 2:35 pm - GDC Podcast Live! Hosted by Gamasutra feat. Disco Elysium with Justin Keenin from ZA/UM Studio
- 2:40 pm - 3:40 pm - Level Design Workshop: The Level Design of ‘God of War’ by Rob Davis from TBA
See more talks on the official GDC website. Don't forget to join our new Telegram channel, our Discord, follow us on Instagram and Twitter, where we are sharing breakdowns, the latest news, awesome artworks, and more.