This priest surely committed to his celibate there...
Cheap art will be just that. The true value lies in commitment and hard work. This is just a tool and without a creative mind operating it the results will hold no magic. Did photography kill painting? I think both are doing and developing rather well.
Boss Key Productions is seeking a talented Hard Surface Artist with the ability to consistently create compelling and aesthetically pleasing models in any given style while adhering to polygon and memory budget constraints. You’ll get a chance to work on LawBreakers, a science fiction first person shooter, and other next-gen titles.
- Work in a team environment developing next-gen titles for the PC
- Focus on creating hard surface models
- At least 2 years of experience as a 3D artist
- At least 2 shipped AAA titles
- Experience working on first person shooters
- Experience working with a game engine and implementing 3D work into the pipeline
- A good understanding of how mechanical things work, and the ability to create believable models
- Excellent hard surface modeling techniques and practices and an efficient workflow
- Solid, efficient UV unwrapping and mapping skills
- The ability to create custom materials and all associated maps for new or existing assets
- Photoshop experience
- Ability to work within a given aesthetic style
- Use 3D Studio Max, Maya, Zbrush and Photoshop to create next-gen art assets
- A portfolio of highly detailed 3D art with a focus on hard surface models (weapons, robots, etc.) and highly realistic textures – the portfolio should show quality, taste, and the ability to hit a photorealistic/believable look