You will be responsible for the design and implementation of proper functioning tools that will help improve the production team’s capacity in the project.
Guerrilla Games, you will be responsible for the design and implementation of proper functioning tools that will complete the engine possibilities and help improve the production team’s capacity in the project.
Guerrilla a Europe game development company and a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Interactive Entertainment Europe. The company started in 2000, and have pushed the boundaries of technical and artistic excellence in their games ever since.
Here’s some games developed by the studio:
What you will do:
- Help establish a vision for game content-authoring tools within a large, dynamic games studio, and work with a team of experienced tools programmers to achieve that vision
- Drive the development of new tools and improve existing ones, keeping a strong focus on the underlying workflow process and a consistent user experience
- Streamline the entire game-creation process, seeking input from all disciplines while maintaining a strategic overview
- Work with designers, artists and programmers to analyze workflows, identify areas for improvement and implement solutions to increase productivity and creative freedom
Who you are:
- You are comfortable working within a very large existing codebase and toolset;
- You are an experienced C++ programmer with excellent software design and architecture skills;
- You have at least 4 years of DCC/GUI Tools Development experience in the games industry or a related industry;
- You enjoy working in an innovative, highly dynamic game development environment.
- You have knowledge of 3D and graphics-related algorithms;
- You have experience with Maya and the Maya API;
- You have experience leading a team of developers in a lead or senior role;
- You have experience with Python.
- You have a creative and technical vision for tools development, and a passion for quality tools;
- You have experience with GUI related technologies, especially Qt;