Check out this week's digest with 3 software tutorials covering the workflows in World Creator, Substance Designer, and Marmoset Toolbag and a helpful tool for organizing your materials as a bonus.
World Creator is real-time landscape generation software. The pack includes an almost 2-hour long course with a detailed introduction to the program and an overview of the essential tools.
Here are some details:
- 12 real-time videos giving you a complete introduction to World Creator
- 1 real-time breakdown video of a Star Wars flyover landscape scene
- 10 World Creator project files
Christopher Alencar created a tutorial covering the basic workflow in Substance Designer and showed his approach to creating mud and concrete wall materials.
The pack includes:
- the SBS and SBSAR files of the materials you'll be working on in this tutorial
- 5 streamed videos in 1080p resolution
Don’t forget to check out another digest we made with Christopher’s Substance packs!
Another software tutorial from Christopher Alencar.
The pack goes with:
- Video in MP4 format
- Powerpoint tutorial document
- 3D sphere and plane models that Christopher uses in the renders
Software used in the tutorial: Substance Player, Marmoset Toolbag 3.04, and Photoshop. Personal, Indie and Studio licenses are available. Personal licenses do NOT apply to companies.
Ptolemee is a PBR material organizer with a real-time preview. It will ease your workflow if you have a large collection of materials.
Some key features:
- The organizer automatically scans your material folders and assigns a matched image to the suitable usage in the shader.
- The preview supports diffuse, normal, specular, roughness, metallic, emissive, opacity, opacity mask, subsurface scattering, and displacement.
- With a real-time preview, you can change the angle of the lighting and see right away how the light will affect your material.
- Once you matched all the images composing your material, you can then render a thumbnail preview that will be saved in the same folder.
- Tags can be applied to each material. Combining these two features, you can have a nice way to quickly compare all your wood materials, for example, to better choose the one that suits the most.
There are versions for Windows 10 PC and Mac OS available.