Check out these 5 tutorials that will help you to become a better Character Artist.
1. Anatomy Tutorial Package
The first tutorial of this digest will teach you how to sculpt a male character in ZBrush. The lessons will explain everything – from blocking out of a sphere to refining secondary details to the face.
It consists of 9 lessons:
- Head Blocking/Proportions
- Ear/Mouth/Nose (Available 08/14)
- Eyes/Face Sculpt (Available 08/21)
2. Design and Anatomy Tutorial Package
The second tutorial also comes from Raf Grassetti. It consists of more than five hours of ZBrush Character Anatomy and Design tutorials. Plus, you'll learn how to turn the model into a new character, texture and render it inside ZBrush, and compose it in Photoshop.
By the end of the tutorial you will have:
- Final .ztl of the male sculpt
- ZTL digital file of the Ecorche sculpted by Grassetti
- Working PSD render file
- Extra file (raptor PSD file)
3. Spanish Knight Tutorial
This tutorial will explain how to create a 3D character for high-end games. More than 60 video tutorials will teach you how to manage the entire modeling, sculpt and texturing pipeline and handle mistakes.
You will get:
- 64 full HD videos with English subtitles
- Custom Substance Designer materials
- Normal Map utility for Blender
- Substance Painter custom Curvature generator
4. MD6 - Custom Bounding Volumes & Arrangement Points for Daz Genesis 3 Male & Female
This useful tutorial will explain how to create your own custom bounding volumes and arrangement points. Keep in mind that the items included in the tutorial are only compatible with Marvelous Designer 6.
You will learn:
- How to use arrangement points
- How to set them up
- How to create your own arrangement points for your own characters
5. ZBrush Custom Posing Rig Tool For Humans Version 2
And the final tutorial of this digest includes a custom posing rig tool. This rig is ideal for posing nude characters but still requires clean-up to fix anatomical issues. The rig is transferable to any human character with some minor work to just adjust certain ZSphers to fit the proportions of your model.
Version 2 includes:
- Complete support for posing the fingers and the feet.
- Tweaked joints for more accurate movement.
- Additional joints added to prevent breaking when trying to create seated poses but cleanup is still required.
- Additional joints added for a smoother range of motion.