The game is coming in the first quarter of 2023.
SourceVR Mod Team, a group of developers behind the Half-Life 2: VR Mod launched in September, released a trailer announcing that a VR version of Episode One is coming in the first quarter of 2023.
"Return as Gordon Freeman to City 17 and deal with the consequences of your actions. Operate the gravity gun to deadly effect, battle gunships and striders and survive the darkness. Can you manage to escape City 17 with Alyx?"
Half-Life 2: Episode One was released in 2006 and was received well. Now, fans will get an opportunity to experience it in VR thanks to SourceVR Mod Team. The Episodes will be published on Steam separately.
Half-Life 2: VR Mod features:
- Full room-scale VR with tracked motion controls. Physically walk around, pick up objects and climb ladders the way that only Virtual Reality allows.
- Intuitive and realistic weapon interactions, with quick and easy weapon switching via a radial menu, ammo storage over your shoulder, functional iron-sights, two-handed weapons, and manual reloading.
- Control options including full left-handed support, a laser sight, and arcade-style "quick reload".
- Comfort features like motion vignette and 3rd person vehicle camera. (Note: there is currently no teleport movement option.)
- Playable on any VR headset which is supported by SteamVR.