Very helpful article, Thank you for sharing. I love you Hotmail sign up
That helmet tho I think that one is spot on with kinda like a classic feel to it.
If I'm not mistaken, in the canon Samus can form the suit around her with her mind. In that case it's not necessary to make the suit industrial-looking (or the arm cannon that big) or have the paint stripes mentioned above, since Samus doesn't have to go buy parts to weld in place to upgrade anything. Also those glow plugs (bolts?) look bad, I get the blizzard look but I would change those and make them not come out of the suit like that. Something that wouldn't be necessary for someone that can form the suit around them.
Take a look at Hevedy Image — an easy to use set of tools that can speed up the process and the performance in your games. The toolkit by David “Hevedy” Palacios includes LUT editor, color palette, image viewer, texture packager and other useful features.
Create LUT tables and preview the results in real-time for game engines Post-processing or video editing using a set of real-time parameters.
- Global Color.
- Tones Colorize (Dark, Middle, Light).
- Filters ( Sepia, Invert… )
- Basic Controls ( Gamma, Lightness… )
- Presets system.
- Presets included.
Get different suggestions of color with different light, intensity etc. You can get the RGB, sRGB value or the Hex values that can be used in the game engines color selectors, in websites or even in other image apps.
- Color scheme selector (Complementary, Analogous, Triadic…)
- Color shaders selector.
- Generate color palettes from images.
- Auto HSL, HSV, RGB, sRGB/HDR values.
- Auto copy to clipboard at edit colors.
- Hexadecimal values for RGB and sRGB/HDR.
- CSS/HTML/C++/C# Vectors auto code generation.
- Export the color palettes as images ready to use in other apps.
- Random color generator.
- Export palettes to Gimp, Blender & Krita.
Open different images in your desktop to use as reference in others apps, or just use as image viewer. Overlap other apps, scale and apply filters to the images and lock the images to use as reference to paint or as 3D reference.
- Image filters.
- Scale and rotate the images
- Overlap other apps.
- Edit the alpha channels.
- Lock the images to work without problems.
Combine or split different textures until 4 in a single image using the different A R G B channels to save until x2 of memory in each texture in game.
The set of tools will cost you $14.99, but it still in pre-release stage. You can find more details on Hevedy Image here.