Texturing.XYZ has presented a new library of iris assets for setting up eyes.
Each pack features two high poly models and low-poly models, 6 utility maps, an AO map, and more.
- 2 high-poly geos, the top, and bottom of the iris.
- 1 low-poly geo (to be used with the displacement map).
- 1 height/displacement map.
- 6 different ID maps known as utility maps.
- 1 ambient occlusion map.
- 1 fresnel map.
- 3 different shaders: blue, brown and green
- 3 albedo maps: blue, brown and green
The team describes the project as “a fully 3D procedural iris system.” They turned a 2D texture into a mesh containing all the fibers and smallest details. As a result, you get realistic illumination, accurate lighting representation, infinite color variations and endless possibilities from any point of view.
The team set up a library containing 100 packs with a lot of options and a unique looking iris for all kinds of projects.